“Dirty And Rude”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenox
Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #9 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2008

DIRTY AND RUDE - We just returned from a weekend at the Apple Tree Inn for our anniversary and to say we were disappointed was an understatement. When we arrvied at the Inn they make you sign a paper indicating that once you check-in you can not get a refund for any reason - this should have been a red flag immediatley. We go to our room and as we are about to unpack we I look to the ceiling where a bunch of pipes were located and noticed several wasps and bees - at least 5. My husband being highly allergic left the room and we went to speak to the Inn to request an immediate room change. Well they were not very accomodating at all and told my husband that it was "his responsibility" to inform the inn of his allergy and that it was "his problem". They had no other rooms available except one with 2 double beds - we told them it was our anniversary and didnt want to sleep in separate beds but they didnt care - they would not refund our $ and thus we were subject to the room with the double beds in the musty adjacent house. The room was ok but cleanliness was not a priority - mold and mildew in the bathroom. Meanwhile the women working at the inn told my husband she didnt like his tone and was making comments about him while he was talking to the owner on the phone...WOULD NOT RECOMMEND - even fellow guests at breakfast were talking about how dissapointed they were...

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank TRAVELGURU3
There are newer reviews for Apple Tree Inn

Reviewed 18 June 2008

My daughter's wedding reception was held at the Apple Tree Inn. The location was gorgeous, food delicious, staff attention couldn't have been better. It was a wonderful experience working with Sharon & Joel. They made what could have been a very stressful time very easy. Guests are still raving about the food. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 24 November 2007

A group of 20 women go to the Apple Tree in November every year for a weekend away to scrapbook. As always, the Inn, it's staff, the food was amazing. The women, love it so much, that we come back year after year. There's no where else I would rather be.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 November 2007

I recently attended a Scrapbook Retreat at the Apple Tree Inn ... it was FABULOUS. Every aspect of the weekend was addressed with professionalism. The food was fantastic; the room was gorgeous and everything was very clean.

The owner of the Inn, Sharon, was very gracious if we needed anything. There were 21 of us and we ALL loved our stay.

We've booked a longer weekend for next year! Please stay at this lovely Inn ... it is truly a great experience.

Anita Taylor, CT

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 18 October 2007

I had stayed at the Apple Tree Inn in the main house last year for a Kripalu retreat. The room featured a working fireplace and beautiful porch with a wonderful view. I felt absolutely spoiled by all of the amenities and knew that my husband and I would stay again should we go on retreat together. We did and were housed in the Lodge on the first floor. We found the room completely comfortable and well maintained with a window looking out on a hillside of autumn foilage. We ate breakfast at both Kripalu and the Inn, each a different experience. The food at the Inn is good but not spectacular but we did enjoy meeting the other guests. The innkeeper has always been exceptionally helpful as have all of the staff. We wanted for nothing, rested well and the location for a Kripalu retreat is perfect. I hope the other reviewers who were at Apple Tree Inn a few years ago will give it another chance. It is well worth a stay and a good value as well.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank kybrdplyr
Reviewed 15 October 2007

I love mould and rude owners.

There is nothing better than driving for miles to be greeted by a room that smells of a toilet, and leaves your clothes smelling of damp. I have looked hard for hotels like this, but have instead only managed to find hotels which are clean and that smell nice.

You can imagine my joy, therefore, when I found the Apple Tree Inn (MT).

However, that was not all. Because other than a dark, dank room with wet mattresses, the only other characteristic I truly crave for in a hotel is an owner who is quite rude.

Therefore, again, imagine my uncontrollable joy when the owner successfully fired a barrage of unpleasant remarks and then proudly informed me that she had given another gentleman the right to hit my car.

Bliss.

Thank you Apple Tree Inn. You have struck two out of two. Mould and rudeness. There is only one place for me to stay from now on. Goodbye Caribbean; adios Cancun; See you later mate, Bondi beach - Apple Tree Inn is my new mecca.

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank Delealei
Reviewed 28 September 2007

My wife and myself celebrated our honeymoon at the inn 8 years ago. We continue to return every year for our anniversary and always look forward to an enjoyable stay with warm hospitality and the beauty of a firplaced " antique" styled room. The Inn keepers are also a friendly face to see and are a special memory of each visit. Every stay at the Inn is a memory we hold dear throughout the year until our next visit. I highly recommend the Inn in Lenox, and give it my personal 5 star rating........

Stayed: February 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge

Been to Apple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!