“Perfect Inn feeling”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #9 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I stayed at the Apple Tree in for about 2 weeks while my father was at Berkshire Medical Center. The rooms and total ambiance of the Apple Tree in were a great change of pace for me during my stay. The hotel/hospital vibe was getting old and the scenic area, inn style rooms, and personal service kept me sane.

The view from the inn, overlooking the mountains was a great start to every morning, but the service was the best part. The owner made it a point to talk to me every day and see how things were going, as well as ask if there was anything else that she could do. One above and beyond moment that happened during my stay was that the owner made pancakes for myself and two of my friends who had come to visit on a cold snowy morning, also we got a history and tour of the inn. Continental breakfast every morning provided fresh fruit, toast, cereal, granola, etc... which was a solid start to each day.

The Inn was great to me and I'm sure most people would have a great time there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank dagiblets

Reviewed 24 November 2009

My daughter had her wedding in Apple Tree Inn in November. We took over the whole main house and spilled over to the lodge. Rooms in the main house are very comfortable, clean, some with working fireplaces and great views, some with TVs and some not (keep in mind that this is not a modern building with uniformed rooms). I have not heard any complains from our guests which stayed at the lodge. They all said that rooms were clean and comfortable.
The common space had comfortable furniture and beautiful views. The food was prepared by their chef, and it was absolutely delicious. Owners of the Inn were wonderful, extremely helpful, and very patient with our not always well-behaving children.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mkatsnel
Reviewed 22 November 2009

I just stayed at this inn which my party rented out completely to celebrate a wedding. The building and location off season felt like a fairy tale. Everything was super clean and the atmosphere welcoming--the owners are real characters. A very special place with history.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mousejosephine
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Just spent the weekend at the Apple Tree Inn for my sister's wedding. Everything about the hotel was wonderful...The rooms were clean and comfortable. The owners and the staff were incredibly accommodating, helping out with everything that we needed or wanted. I would highly recommend this place for any type of event like this.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We visited this Inn as part of our vacation in New England. We'd read the Trip Advisor reviews and had some expectations.

We were allocated a room in the adjacent block and it did certainly smell very musty when we entered the block. Our room was OK once we had opened the windows to allow in the fresh air. The room was very chintzy, but comfortable nontheless.

We were disappointed that the restaurant had been closed as the season was over, and the person we asked for some help in chosing a restaurant wasnt exactly helpful. Note that this place is way out of Lennox so you will need a car to get to the village centre.

Breakfast on the first day was all self service and pleasant enough. On the second day it was pouring with rain, and if it hadnt been for our own umbrella we would have got soaked getting to the main house. Why dont hotels like this have umbrellas for guests to use? Not much to ask!

Overall we were disappointed with this Inn, it looks good in pictures and if you are visiting Tanglewood you can walk. However, I wouldnt bother if I were you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Just spent one night at the Apple Tree Inn, not in the mainhouse but in one of the rooms in back. I must say that the other reviews mentioned the room smelling of mold I have to agree. The room itself was very nice except for the odor. If it was not for this I would say that it was not too bad. The Inn itself is on acres which are very beautiful. I would think in the summer it is gorgeous. The pool is overlooking the mountains and there are benches everywhere so you can sit and think in peace. It is in walking distance to Tanglewood which would be a total plus in the summertime. We did have breakfast in the mainhouse and I have to say that it was nice. I did not find anyone rude at all, I found everyone to be very courteous and respectful. I would definitely stay again if I could this time in the mainhouse itself. We were disappointed also that the restaurant does not have dinner so you have to leave the premises by car to go out to eat which I found to be a little annoying. I usually like to stay in a place that has a bar and a restaurant and this did not have either.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2009

The management was extremely rude and disrespectful to many family members - especially the children. When confronted on the issue the management did not seem to care! Beautiful place but very uncomfortable atmosphere. There are other beautiful and more friendly places in the Berkshires - suggest you stay at one of those places intead of the Apple Tree Inn.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank greenmar12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 20 in Lenox
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Apple Tree Inn? Share your experiences!