Cornell Inn Lenox
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wheatleigh(Lenox)
Blantyre(Lenox)
View Hotel
All reviewsmacdonald housefish pondfrances roomb bthe main housesmall waterfallmurphy bedkennedy parkcookieshome frieshot ciderduraflame loghomemade muffinsfrench toastbreakfast was deliciousegg dishesfrittata
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed one night from 09/19/13 to 09/20/13 in room Martha.
Everything around and in this Inn is simply perfect.
Fondly decorated and very clean rooms (Innkeeper showed 4 to us), lovely styled grounds, an awesome breakfast, the terribly nice Innkeeper herself... the list could nearly be endless.
If we may ever be able to visit the area again we definitely will knock at their door.
Thanks a lot to the whole team !

Room Tip: Ask Innkeeper to show you available rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our bed and breakfast. We're happy you enjoyed yourselves at our Inn and in the beautiful Berkshires. It is true, Tim and I have only be at this new adventure in our lives since last June, and while we have many things to learn, we also have main things to share. The Inn has good bones and we have a strong staff who truly cares about our guests and our buildings, which shows through their amazing customer service. We hope you come back for another visit!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

When searching the Internet for a place to stay in Lenox, we were looking for something that looked, comfortable, clean, friendly and affordable. The Cornell Inn was all these and more. The couple who run the Inn are great. They are friendly and a great source of information of restaurants and things to do in the area. The room we had was not only clean, but warm and inviting. It had a private entrance onto the back yard where there is a small water fall and fish pond. It is my understanding that owners have only just started on this venture together, but I think, that as time goes by they will take this Inn to its fullest potential.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our B&B. We're glad you found it warm and inviting and yet enjoyed various sections of our property that are quite intimate. While we know The Cornell Inn has "good bones", we also know it needs constant attention to details and various improvements as all homes do, especially those over 200 years old! Still, we enjoy the challenge and meeting people from around the world and within various sections of the US! We hope you come back for another visit in the not too distant future!

Cheers,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Cornell Inn is one of the nicest B&Bs we have ever stayed in! Location is great -- about 1/2 mile walk/drive to the center of Lenox and about a 10 minute drive to Tanglewood.

The place is beautifully maintained. Our room (Teddy Roosevelt) was on the second floor of the Carriage House. We had a separate entrance, which was great for taking our beloved cockapoo out and in. Our four poster bed was the most comfortable we've had anywhere -- even at home!

Hot water in the bathroom was more than ample and the whirlpool tub looked great, although we didn't have time to test it out.

A small deck with two chairs that overlooked the back garden was a welcome bonus.

Breakfast was ample, freshly prepared, and delicious. Service was professional, helpful, *and* friendly. On our first morning there, I ate in the garden, next to a goldfish pond and by a (manmade) waterfall that had a little table for two with an umbrella at the top.

The couple that runs this inn works very, very hard to make this place successful and I recommend it highly. The husband is a vet of the Afghanistan (or Iraqi, I forget) war, which I didn't know until the end of a lovely conversation I had with him. I felt privileged not only to express my appreciation for a wonderful stay at the Cornell Inn, but also to thank him for his service to our country.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Teddy Roosevelt room, which is dog-friendly and also faced the gardens in the back, so it was very quiet. The AC worked great!
1  Thank liviBoston

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our B&B. We are so happy you enjoyed your time in the beautiful Berkshires. I'm glad you slept well and had the pleasure of traveling with your pooch, as traveling with loved ones always enhances one's trip! We are fortunate to have a staff that truly cares about meeting the needs of our guests. Yes, I must admit, our breakfasts are quite amazing, nothing that I personally could whip up, but Karen and Lance have great culinary skills! Yes, Tim recently retired from 22 yrs with the Air Force. It was a wonderful and stressful lifestyle, but I one I wouldn't trade for the world! We are very proud of him and all that he has given to his country and our family! We hope you come back to visit us again!

Best Wishes-

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just spent a Sunday night at this Inn and can't wait to go back again. Very friendly hosts, charming and lovely large room (we were in Frances) with a small balcony. The generous hot breakfast was delicious and included an eggs-cooked-to-order option. The grounds are gorgeous, featuring a small waterfall flowing into a fish pond. We sat outside the morning we left in chairs at the top of the waterfall, reading the paper--very relaxing. Sunday night rates are a real deal. And it's right on the edge of Lenox itself, so very close to downtown restaurants (we like Frankie's), an excellent independent bookstore, and, of course, Tanglewood. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Although the hustle and bustle of the summer season is fun, there is something to be said for visiting during the "off" season. Lenox, itself, has a whole different vibe, more locals, much easier to obtain a reservation at one of the many fine restaurants within a stone's throw of the Inn and a calmer pace. Our head chef, Lance, has some amazing culinary skills, we are fortunate to have him as part of our team. I'm glad you enjoyed the serenity of the waterfall and pond. One of our greatest assets, in my opinion, is being just outside of downtown Lenox. You have the luxury of taking an enjoyable and healthy walk to and from town, or simply relaxing within the expansive grounds of our property. We hope you come back for another stay!

Best Wishes-

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Cornell inn for one night and wished we could have stayed longer. The inn is so warm and charming with many extra touches that mean so much. My husband and I were warmly greeted by the innkeeper, Tim when we arrived at the inn. He told us to help ourselves to fresh baked cookies, hot cider and coffee. Outside the dining room is a lovely area with tables next to a fish pond and waterfall. Our room, Helen was in main house and on smaller size with Quinn bed, without TV, but enough space for us. Air-condition was old and nosy, but we did not need it. The breakfast was substantial but pretty bland. It was a buffet with warming trays of eggs, potatoes, muffins and fruits.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Hi-
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We have since replaced the A/C unit in Helen with a newer version. I'm glad Tim was able to make you feel at home, and as sad as I am to see the summer weather depart, I am a HUGE fan of hot apple cider on autumn afternoons. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the Berkshires and I hope you come for a return visit in the future.

Cheers,