“Comfortable and Cozy”
Review of Cornell Inn Lenox

Cornell Inn Lenox
Ranked #1 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband I stayed here over a snowy weekend and had a wonderful time! The room (Mary Todd) was just what we expected, and the fireplace was perfect! The grounds looked gorgeous in the snow, and I can't even imagine how beautiful and serene they must be during the spring/summer.

The breakfast was delicious-- everything was seasonal and creative, and there was a ton of variety! There was also coffee, tea, and hot apple cider out throughout the day, which I thought was a nice, homey touch.

The inn is conveniently located (7 minute walk to town, plus easy driving to every notably nearby attraction).

The only downside was that some of the other guests weren't super-considerate. For example, Saturday morning we were awoken early by our neighbors shouting at their kids. Other than that, however, it was the perfect cozy weekend at a wonderful, historical inn.

Room Tip: Loved the Mary Todd, but pray for quiet neighbors!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I'm glad overall you enjoyed yourselves with us and your time in the Berkshires. I'm so sorry the folks next to you chose not to use "their inside voices" when speaking with their children; I say this as a Mother of two 12 year olds. I am glad you did enjoy both the Inn and its proximity to town as well as the rustic feel of our Inn, while still trying our best to provide you with 5 star service. We hope you come again to visit with us next spring or summer.

There are newer reviews for Cornell Inn Lenox

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend here it was delightful! We have stayed at many inns in varied locations and this inn was wonderful. Everyone was great from the helpful staff(Megan) who guided us when we were lost to Karen who cooked up a delicious breakfast especially the gingerbread pancakes. Tim the inn keeper was very friendly and he was there Sunday morning to help at breakfast The rooms were immaculate and just as pictured online. Also it was so quiet in our room, we didn't hear the other guests even though they were right next to us. The inn is centrally located to shops and restaurants especially the Lee outlets perfect location. And I am sure the grounds are just beautiful at other times of the year, we had snow so we couldn't sit outside and enjoy them. We will defintely return for another visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We so happy you enjoyed your time with us and in the Berkshires on your during your anniversary week-end. We are fortunate to have a great team of co-workers who know what it takes to get the job done and do so in a kind and thoughtful manner. We hope you come back again, perhaps during either spring or summer to see and enjoy not only the various venues the Berkshires has to offer, but be able to relax on the deck and listen to the waterfall at the Inn.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are looking for a great Inn with B&B offerings and nice centralized location this is it. We usually stay at the bigger Inns or hotels in the area but booked a little late so they were full. Well, we were more than pleasently surprised and will absolutely be back to Cornell Inn. The rooms are perfect sized with adorable furnishing and a wood burning fireplace (that was a selling point for my husband). The breakfast each morning is more than enough, soooo good and really nice to sit with other Inn-stayers. The staff are all really friendly, helpful and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure you enjoy your stay, something you don't always find at bigger locations. The grounds are great and I think we will be back in the summer to really experience the outside areas that are set up as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Wow, 'm so glad you took a chance on us and were pleasantly surprised with your stay, the service provided to you, our grounds, and of course, our breakfasts! Our breakfasts really are quite tasty and we try our very best to have something for everyone! I hope you get a chance to come back this summer and really enjoy the pond, waterfall, as well as breakfast on the deck, as all three really do provide relaxing and peaceful environment.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I LOVED this B&B/Inn! The entire ensemble of personal service, room comfort/cleanliness and amenities, wonderful common areas (both inside and out - COOL waterfall/pond!), cozy bar area, awesome EXPANSIVE breakfast, and location to numerous quaint shops and restaurants & numerous hiking trails/outdoor activities made our visit something very special. Even more important than all of that, Tim and Nell, the owners, are the type of people that are meant to run a B&B/Inn. They (along with the staff) are very sensitive to the needs of their guests and it really shows. As an added bonus, on top of all that, we felt that their B&B attracts a very special group of guests that love life and are fantastic to sit down and talk with and enjoy each other's company and experiences if that interests you (or you can easily retire to your room or one of the sitting areas and just unwind.) We had a great time and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind and detailed review. As newbies to the hospitality world, we greatly appreciate it! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us while in the beautiful Berkshires. I'm so glad our entire staff made you feel at home and welcomed. We have been fortunate to attract some wonderful guests from all over the US and the world and I feel so lucky to have had so many wonderful discussions with so many people, a true perk of this job! We look forward to your next visit.

Take Care-

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Upon arrival, our booking agent had, for some reason, booked a family of four into a room for two. However, Tim the manager quickly resolved the agent's error and we were presented with a fabulous room for at least 4. The grounds were beautiful and totally befitting for the time of year, and the beautiful scent of spicey candles welcomed you into the dining room for a superb breakfast prepared and cooked to individual requirements by Lance (my daughter and I can recommend the delicious buttermilk pancakes! ) Thank you all at this very special hotel for making our stay in Lenox completely wonderful and memorable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves with us and in the Berkshires. I'm so glad Tim was able to provide you with a room that better met your needs and that your whole family felt warm and welcomed. If you ever cross the pond and head back to New England, we hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Lance, the host, was extremely friendly and quite helpful. The setting, grounds and room were cozy, restful, quaint, rustic and visually appealing and soothing, however, there are several issues we feel need attention: mattress too soft (led to sore hips in morning); shower flow is very weak; being next to main road, our room was quite noisy from traffic and guest in rooms next to and above ours (the Louisa Room); there were cobwebs in the bathroom; and light coming through curtained windows and door at night was bothersome. Though we didn’t use it, the fireplace was a nice touch in the fall. It is closely situated to town center—10 minute walk, though there’s not a lot of offerings in the town. While the breakfast was plentiful, the choices were not very healthy; lots of carbs!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing road...very noisy. Louisa room had a very large bathroom but low water flow in s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary M
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Although it has taken some time to respond, I looked into the items you mentioned as soon as I became aware of your review. Unfortunately, we were not aware of the concerns while you were here, or I am sure we could have made your stay more pleasant. I am not surprised that the Lance was friendly and helpful--The Cornell Inn has an amazing team in place and the people are a big reason that so many guests become return guests.
Although it is difficult to control the sounds from other guests, we could have helped with some of your concerns if we were aware of them.
- I was surprised by your comment about the water pressure, and checked it immediately. It appears the slide valve on the shower head was slid almost to the off position, leaving little more than a trickle of water. Once I pushed the button in, the water rushed out in a normal manner. If you choose to stay with us again, I assure you that all bathrooms have sufficient water pressure.
- As far as mattresses, it is difficult to determine the perfect firmness for all of our guests. Your room, Louisa, had a firm mattress with a memory foam topper--I assume that topper was the softness that you didn't appreciate. We are happy to change or remove toppers to suit individual preferences--for example, we recently put a topper on one half of a bed because the husband wanted it softer while the wife thought it was perfect. I wish we had known that it was causing you discomfort while you were here so that we could have tried to meet your preferences.

The room and bathroom were thoroughly cleaned on the day of your arrival following another party's departure. I didn't see any cobwebs or similar items in the bathroom when I saw the review, but that isn't acceptable and I apologize. That isn't typical of the Cornell Inn and we have addressed the issue with the appropriate attention.

Our breakfast includes many options, and those usually include our very popular berry, apple cider, or pumpkin pancakes and a type of French Toast (i.e. Almond). These "unhealthy" carb options are very tasty, but our guests are free to choose from many other options if carbs are not desired. We have quiches, eggs cooked to order, fruit plates, yogurt, and cereals every day. We also prepare special dishes to meet other dietary restrictions and requests from guests.

I hope that you will come back and give us another try. I think you will see why many of our guests enjoy their time here, and return again and again.

Tim McCaffery

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our family of 6 adults, 1 baby and 1 dog spent 2 nights at this great B & B the last weekend in September. The owners went out of their way to be gracious & helpful. Breakfast was delicious, plentiful and the dining room was a very pleasant place to enjoy the good food. The grounds are lovely especially the back deck with the waterfall & pond in the background. The rooms we had were spacious, clean and comfortable. We loved the experience and hope to return again.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms in the house next to the main residence. We liked the privacy it gave us as we had a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a kind review. We're glad your entire family, canine and human, enjoyed your stay with us and in the beautiful Berkshires. We hope you come for another visit, whenever you feel the need to take a break from the fast pace of Gotham.

Nell McCaffery

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires

Been to Cornell Inn Lenox? Share your experiences!