“The definition of hospitality”
Review of Cornell Inn Lenox

Cornell Inn Lenox
Ranked #1 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Look up "hospitality" on Wikipedia, and there you should find a picture of The Cornell Inn. I arrived there last week as the only guest of the winter evening, but I couldn't tell because the owners served me as if it were a normal day and as if I was the only subject of their attention. Upon arrival, the owner met me at my car, assisted me with my bags, gave me a tour and allowed me to choose my room. He and his wife invited me to a nice reception of coffee and muffins, engaged me in conversation and offered some dinner recommendations. My room was spacious, beautiful and comfortable. I woke up to a light snow in the woods outside my window. The host in the morning made breakfast a bit earlier than scheduled for me so I could get to my client appointment, and both the eggs and the sausage were outstanding. I couldn't have asked for anything more peaceful and relaxing than The Cornell Inn, and I heartily recommend it and its owners.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Wow-
Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad you had a nice evening. It was wonderful sharing stories about our "Gotham" adventures. I'm glad Alina was able to meet your needs so you were able to make your business appointment on time. We hope you come up for another visit in the future.

Nell & Tim McCaffery

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was my husband's and my 3rd stay at this quaint and cozy Inn. We have stayed in many B & Bs in New England and needless to say we were impressed with our first two stays, but WOW, do the new owners Tim and Nell know how to do things... Put together their easy going and gracious attitudes with Lance's breakfasts and you have one incredible experience! HIGHLY reccommend this to anyone. I know we'll definitely be back.

-Cat Cargill & Dave LaBrode

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, but we stayed in the Frances, which was very roomy and comfortable with...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

HI Cat-

Thanks for the stellar review. Tim and I really enjoyed both you and Dave tremendously. It would be great if next year we could hit Brava together and do some damage, or at least go for a good run! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us, and in the beautiful Berkshires! Looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Cheers,
Nell

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our second time at the Cornell Inn, but the first under the new management. Its a beautiful, immaculately kept B&B in a great location. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. The owners could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. Breakfasts were delicious. Not every room has a fireplace, I think, but most do, and being able to light a fire in the evening after a day out hiking was a wonderful bonus. (We stayed over New Years Eve, and it was cold out!) I suppose I'll just second what everyone else on this site has to say; a perfect place to stay in the Berkshires. Its an easy walk into central Lenox, so you can have dinner and drinks at one of the restaurants in town and not have to worry about driving back. We booked through Expedia and got a terrific deal on the room, too.

Room Tip: If you're staying in the Winter, be sure to get a room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We're glad you felt the Inn meet your needs both on comfort and hospitality. Thanks for being a repeat visitor, we appreciate it, and hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband I stayed here over a snowy weekend and had a wonderful time! The room (Mary Todd) was just what we expected, and the fireplace was perfect! The grounds looked gorgeous in the snow, and I can't even imagine how beautiful and serene they must be during the spring/summer.

The breakfast was delicious-- everything was seasonal and creative, and there was a ton of variety! There was also coffee, tea, and hot apple cider out throughout the day, which I thought was a nice, homey touch.

The inn is conveniently located (7 minute walk to town, plus easy driving to every notably nearby attraction).

The only downside was that some of the other guests weren't super-considerate. For example, Saturday morning we were awoken early by our neighbors shouting at their kids. Other than that, however, it was the perfect cozy weekend at a wonderful, historical inn.

Room Tip: Loved the Mary Todd, but pray for quiet neighbors!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I'm glad overall you enjoyed yourselves with us and your time in the Berkshires. I'm so sorry the folks next to you chose not to use "their inside voices" when speaking with their children; I say this as a Mother of two 12 year olds. I am glad you did enjoy both the Inn and its proximity to town as well as the rustic feel of our Inn, while still trying our best to provide you with 5 star service. We hope you come again to visit with us next spring or summer.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend here it was delightful! We have stayed at many inns in varied locations and this inn was wonderful. Everyone was great from the helpful staff(Megan) who guided us when we were lost to Karen who cooked up a delicious breakfast especially the gingerbread pancakes. Tim the inn keeper was very friendly and he was there Sunday morning to help at breakfast The rooms were immaculate and just as pictured online. Also it was so quiet in our room, we didn't hear the other guests even though they were right next to us. The inn is centrally located to shops and restaurants especially the Lee outlets perfect location. And I am sure the grounds are just beautiful at other times of the year, we had snow so we couldn't sit outside and enjoy them. We will defintely return for another visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We so happy you enjoyed your time with us and in the Berkshires on your during your anniversary week-end. We are fortunate to have a great team of co-workers who know what it takes to get the job done and do so in a kind and thoughtful manner. We hope you come back again, perhaps during either spring or summer to see and enjoy not only the various venues the Berkshires has to offer, but be able to relax on the deck and listen to the waterfall at the Inn.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are looking for a great Inn with B&B offerings and nice centralized location this is it. We usually stay at the bigger Inns or hotels in the area but booked a little late so they were full. Well, we were more than pleasently surprised and will absolutely be back to Cornell Inn. The rooms are perfect sized with adorable furnishing and a wood burning fireplace (that was a selling point for my husband). The breakfast each morning is more than enough, soooo good and really nice to sit with other Inn-stayers. The staff are all really friendly, helpful and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure you enjoy your stay, something you don't always find at bigger locations. The grounds are great and I think we will be back in the summer to really experience the outside areas that are set up as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Wow, 'm so glad you took a chance on us and were pleasantly surprised with your stay, the service provided to you, our grounds, and of course, our breakfasts! Our breakfasts really are quite tasty and we try our very best to have something for everyone! I hope you get a chance to come back this summer and really enjoy the pond, waterfall, as well as breakfast on the deck, as all three really do provide relaxing and peaceful environment.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I LOVED this B&B/Inn! The entire ensemble of personal service, room comfort/cleanliness and amenities, wonderful common areas (both inside and out - COOL waterfall/pond!), cozy bar area, awesome EXPANSIVE breakfast, and location to numerous quaint shops and restaurants & numerous hiking trails/outdoor activities made our visit something very special. Even more important than all of that, Tim and Nell, the owners, are the type of people that are meant to run a B&B/Inn. They (along with the staff) are very sensitive to the needs of their guests and it really shows. As an added bonus, on top of all that, we felt that their B&B attracts a very special group of guests that love life and are fantastic to sit down and talk with and enjoy each other's company and experiences if that interests you (or you can easily retire to your room or one of the sitting areas and just unwind.) We had a great time and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind and detailed review. As newbies to the hospitality world, we greatly appreciate it! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us while in the beautiful Berkshires. I'm so glad our entire staff made you feel at home and welcomed. We have been fortunate to attract some wonderful guests from all over the US and the world and I feel so lucky to have had so many wonderful discussions with so many people, a true perk of this job! We look forward to your next visit.

Take Care-
Nell McCaffery

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires

Been to Cornell Inn Lenox? Share your experiences!