“A Wonderful Surprise”
Review of Cornell Inn Lenox

Cornell Inn Lenox
Ranked #1 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked the Cornell Inn rather than other B&B I stayed at previously, because it was more reasonably priced. It far surpassed my expectations. Excellent location in central Lenox; lovely large room with comfortable bed and nicely decorated; clean; quiet. Breakfast had many hot and cold options and could be eaten in the main dining room or in a lovely garden out back. The Innkeepers were helpful and friendly but never intrusive. Fun to notice that all the rooms are named after First Ladies. I spent 5 days there and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Nope. I liked my room so much that I don't want to share which on it was because I don't wa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Cornell_Innkeeper, Owner at Cornell Inn Lenox, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Wow, thanks for the nice review! We really appreciate it! I'm glad we "won you over" and look forward to your next visit from Gotham!

Take Care-

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Comfortable and clean with friendly, helpful, but not intrusive staff and innkeepers in lovely historic buildings - there are actually 3 and we stayed in the main house - nice because we just had to go downstairs to get breakfast. Breakfasts included hot options and really tasty baked goods. I really liked that coffee, tea and cold water are available all day, and that there are homemade cookies served in the afternoon. Very pleasant backyard garden is wonderful for having breakfast or hanging out any time of day. Innkeepers were flexible and let us check out a little late so we could enjoy a very leisurely late breakfast in the garden. Free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, we greatly appreciate it! It's always good to read that people enjoyed themselves both with us, and simply enjoying our Inn and its surroundings.

We hope you come back again for another visit!

Cheers

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our second time staying at the Cornell Inn and I echo the good reviews below. Nice location near town, nicely decorated rooms in very old buildings which have been renovated; excellent variety at breakfast, nice proprietors. We stayed in the Hannah room which had a loft bedroom and bathroom, with the downstairs including a fully usable kitchenette, a dining table, sofa, chairs and TV. The grounds include a waterfall and small pond and are quite relaxing; you can enjoy breakfast on the patio as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Glad to read you enjoyed yourself yet again at our Inn and in the beautiful Berkshires! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are currently staying at the Cornell Inn, a lovely historic home that is within walking distance of the town of Lenox. I just could not wait to review it! My friends and I come up to The Berkshires several times a year; this is our first time staying at the Cornell Inn. All I have to say is that the new owner, Tim, is the most attentive, gracious, friendly, and accommodating host you will ever meet, and all of the other employees are equally attuned to the needs of the guests.
The breakfast buffet is fresh and delicious with choices that include freshly brewed coffee, different home baked muffins every day, yogurt, cereals and granola, a large assortment of fresh fruit, frittatas with fresh vegetables, delicious pancakes and French toast of all varieties, pumpkin, blueberry, raspberry, almond vanilla, cinnamon, banana etc., sausages, potatoes and breads. Home baked cookies and coffee are waiting your arrival 'home' at all hours of the day and night. The grounds are beautiful, with gardens, waterfalls, a fish pond and seating for dining or just relaxing. There's even a bar area if you desire a cocktail or glass of wine.
I will most definitely return to this warm, friendly, home away from home the next time I visit the Berkshires.

Room Tip: Book early because this place is so wonderful it may become a HOT spot!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow, thanks for the glowing review, and you're correct, my husband, Tim, well he's a keeper and simply an around good guy! I'm glad everything meet your needs and expectations. We look forward to your next visit and glad you feel and can see we're trying hard to be the best we can be!

The owners/ managers of the Cornell Inn really know
how to run a bed and breakfast inn. The warm, friendly and helpful service made the difference and why this B & B is always filled. Each day's breakfasts were hot, fresh and tasty. The backyard gardens, pond and waterfall make for a pleasant place to dine or to just hang out. A small pub on premises also is a good place to hang.
The rooms were big and beds were comfortable for our friends and ourselves. The prices are reasonable, for summer rates in Lenox, MA. We especially liked the location on Main St. but not in the heart of town where it gets noisy and crowded.
From the time we arrived we got the feeling that the owners really cared about their guests. The Cornell Inn is my future place to stay in Lenox

Room Tip: Main house is the best for rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It's so nice to read that our guests truly enjoyed themselves in our lovely corner of the globe. I'm glad to read that we are your new "go to" spot when visiting the Berkshires. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

So glad I came across Cornell Inn online. I had a cousin visiting from overseas and we needed a comfortable place toe stay for 2 nights. First of all the Innkeeper was very helpful and I am glad we went with the room "Letitia" which opened up int the garden. The Room was very clean and comfortable. I also liked the fact that you have your privacy especially at breakfast. The Breakfast area on the patio is delightful. The food was delicious and the little extra;s like unlimited tea/ coffee during the day and cookies is nice and appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Wow, I'm glad you took a chance on us via online services and enjoyed your time in our region! If you get back to this area, we hope you come back for another visit!

Take Care

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have been to the Berkshires many times over the past twenty years and have stayed in many places. This place really worked well for us. The reservations were made easily and the staff was friendly and helpful. Barely ten minutes from the center of Lenox, we could easily access everything we wanted but were far enough away to enjoy the quiet. The setting of the inn is lovely with beautiful landscaping to enjoy. Especially wonderful was breakfast which is served buffet style. Each of the three breakfasts we had this trip was excellent. There were plenty of choices for the meat eater or vegetarian, and we loved taking the food outside. Our room, Letitia, was small but adequate for us. We were quite comfortable and found it a good value for Lenox. The only minor complaint we had was the lack of clothing storage, just one slightly rickety wardrobe which was too short to hang out dresses. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm glad to read you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us! Perhaps adding a rolling closet might be an option in addition to the armoir to hang longer items. Thanks for the head's up just the same. And we're glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us in the beautiful Berkshires!

Best Wishes
Nell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Gateways Inn
Gateways Inn
#2 of 20 in Lenox

Been to Cornell Inn Lenox? Share your experiences!