“Simply Superb”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Simply Superb”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I am not usually a fan of a bed and breakfast. The Garden Gables Inn exceeded my expectations in every way. It is a lovely home filled with gorgeous furnishings. The fireplaces are wonderful. The beds are so comfy that I felt like I was in a cocoon!! The Innkeeper, Denise, made us feel like we were family and accommodated any need or interest that we had. It is just a short walk to the lovely town of Lenox. The breakfast choices were numerous and had anything that we could hope to consider. It was overall a superb stay. We hated to leave after 3 days at the Inn. We will return!

Room Tip: We were in room #1 as I was traveling with my adult daughter. This room had 2 fabulous twin beds an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dwidget13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Boston Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We wanted a break in the Berkshires. It was peak foliage season but luckily the Inn had one cancellation and we grabbed it for Thursday to Saturday. The Inn is just a few hundred yards off the main road but nonetheless feels very secluded. Its a very short walk into the middle of Lenox with all of its restaurants and shops. Each room is distinctive. Ours was spacious, clean with all the amenities you'd hope to find. The breakfast was delicious and more than ample --make sure you try the special french toast and if possible sit out on the porch. The Inn tries to use all locally grown produce much from their own farm. There are little thoughtful touches that make you feel at home--endless local apples and homemade cookies to pick up for a snack, coffee or tea at all times of the day and bottles of sherry for you to enjoy as you sit reading the paper or one of the many books about the Berkshires in the library. The Inn also owns a local winery where you can go and pick apples or spend awhile tasting their wine. The innkeeper Denise was a treasure trove of local information and every suggestion she made was a winner --the best local restaurants, live music or theater she was on top of it all. My wife and I also booked spa appointments - both were wonderful. We are definitely coming back.

Room Tip: The Inn is set far enough back from the road so noise is not a factor
1 Thank Rebster65
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Attracted by a '3 for 2' offer, we found this a comfortable and 'reasonable' place to stay. Friendly welcome, good size bedroom (16) and centrally located yet quiet. Not sure why they missed servicing the bedroom on the 3rd day but they did apologise.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 October 2013

If I could give more than 5 stars, I happily would. We spent two nights here for our 1 year anniversary and it was absolutely fantastic. We stayed in room #14 which was large, clean, comfortable, quiet and charming. We took advantage of the wood burning fireplace both nights. From the moment we arrived, the service from all staff was extraordinary; they were extremely friendly, informative of all local attractions and eateries, and welcoming. We decided to visit nearby Hilltop Farms (which is also owned by the same proprietor) for apple picking, fresh cider, and cider donuts. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the owner himself who exemplified the same superior quality of service as the inn. The views and foliage were breathtaking. It cannot go without noting my spa service with Erica, the esthetician. Now my experiences have been far and wide with facials having visited some of the best spas in cities across the U.S. I can say without hesitation, that this was unequivocally the BEST facial I've ever had. It caught me happily by surprise and it was completely unexpected that this is what I would find at a small, boutique inn in the country! You will find Erica to be professional, extremely skilled and knowledgeable, passionate, attentive and well-rounded. She is not cookie-cutter or text book and I felt she customized the service and skin-care regimen around exactly what I needed. All in all, this is a fantastic inn and one we will most definitely visit again.

1 Thank DMS510
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a great time at this B&B in September. It's a nice house well decorated, with nice rooms to sit in an relax and have a glass of brandy which is complimentary as well as coffee and cookies. Very attentive personnel. They own an apple orchard which guests can visit, get free wine tasting a bag for picking your own apples and back in the field there is a picnic table with a gorgeous view of the valley. Worth the visit. Worth the stat. Lenox is quite nice as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cottages outside the main building. Room #17. Spacious and well acquainted...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HersonMM
Holland, PA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Able to spend just one night in Lenox, we happily chose the Garden Gable Inn. The innkeeper and her on-site staff were easy to work with, professional and thoughtful. They made sure the roses I'd requested were in the room when we arrived and insured we were able to take them home intact. The waitress at breakfast was personable and helpful, sharing recommendations for our meal as well as information about the town. Our trip to nearby Furnace Brook Winery at Hilltop Orchard was fun and certainly worthwhile. We got to pick apples in the orchard and took the opportunity to do the free wine tasting and buy several gifts in the winery. Prior to leaving we were given a tour of unoccupied rooms, anticipating we will return in the summer.

Room Tip: Queen beds are in attractive, somewhat smaller rooms at a good price-point. I'd recommend the k...
N. Syracuse
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We spent the night of October 8, 2013, at the Garden Gables Inn. It was a wonderful experience and one I hope to repeat again. The Inn is lovely and just sparkles. The hostess greeted me upon our arrival and made me feel right at home. The rest of the stall was wonderful as well. Our room was wonderful, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom Immaculate. We did have a fireplace in our room but we did not use it. There were always chocolate chip cookies and fresh coffee, teas etc. available. There was also sherry available in the living room of the main building for anyone that might care to try it - we did not - but it was a nice thought. The breakfast the next morning was over the top. I had an omelet that was fantastic and my husband really enjoyed his pancakes. There was also a buffet table that had bacon, sausage, breads, rolls etc. that you could chose from to add to whatever you picked from their menu or just as a meal by itself. The Inn is close enough to town that you can walk there if you wish - we would have but the day we were there was rainy and cold so we drove. This was our last stop on a weeks trip and it was just the icing on the cake. It made a perfect end to what was a great trip.