Hampton Terrace Inn
US$190
Official Site
US$47
US$56
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
All reviewsthe main housestan rosenb bking suitecarriage househis wifeliving roomother guestsheated poolfrench toastgas fireplacebreakfast was deliciousblueberry pancakeslenox villagerestaurants and shopseach morningshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I returned to the Hampton Terrace in Lenox, Mass. with my husband this past weekend. I had spent a great deal of time in 2012 & 2013 at the Hampton Terrace for business...we were shooting a documentary film in the Berkshires and our whole crew stayed in the Carriage House many times. My husband and I decided to give each other a night away for Christmas and I choose Lenox and the Hampton Terrace as the place to go. I wanted to him to see this lovely inn and to meet Stan Rosen, the owner. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend away, and my husband was very impressed with the inn. We rented a King Suite...the decor was beautiful, the fireplace kept us warm and toasty, and the jacuzzi was such a treat. We were able to park our car for the whole weekend and walk to downtown Lenox for lovely dinner. Our breakfast with Stan on Sunday morning was amazing as usual...his homemade grits were a highlight!

I'm so glad I returned to the Hampton Terrace and will definitely make plans to come back again.

Room Tip: King Suite was a real treat!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Located half-way between Butternut and Jiminy, the Hampton Terrace was great to come back to after a day of sking. We stayed in the the cottage in back of the house and the blazing fireplace was perfectl to come into at the end of that cold day. The room (including the jacuzzi) was very comfortable and the common area was also attractive. Breakfast was delicious, served in a lovely dining room and a sunny porch area.Stan was a friendly, welcoming host. I will definitely use the Hampton Terrace as a base for future skiing trips in the area. I would also be interested in visiting in nicer weather to explore the charming village of Lenox, which was withing walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay they made us feel right at home. We enjoyed everything about the inn, very clean warm and inviting. Walking distance to the town was enjoyable and coming back in the evening to enjoy a nice warm fire was fab.
We will be back !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

(Original posting, September 2013 - reposted with a minor revision)

My wife and I just returned from our anniversary, and what a wonderful time we had. We jumped when we saw that Wait Wait would be taping at Tanglewood on the exact day. I found this wonderful B&B rate #1 in Lenox and gave Stan a call. He was friendly, accommodating (ugh - punny), quoted a good rate. After making our reservation, he sent not just a acknowledgement but also two other extremely helpful notes on dining in the area and also area attractions.

At our request he swapped out the feather bedding (nasty allergy). When we arrived Stan gave us a tour of the lovely place, told us how everything worked, and we settled in.

We stayed in the main house, which is classic New England elegant and comfortable. Nice room, jacuzzi bath, fireplace in the room, comfy bed. And out back is a very nice pool. Not always something expected from a B&B.

Breakfast was delicious. A tasty frittata on Thursday and three kinds of French Toast (classic, cinnamon, and chocolate) with heated syrup on Friday. And they even made me a special batch of the latter, without milk - a nice and caring extra effort.

BTW, Wait Wait was great hysterical fun. And since Lenox traffic around Tanglewood is awful, it was nice to be able to walk there from Hampton Terrace. (A hilly 1.3 mile walk)

We plan to return, and will likely try out one of the modern yet elegant units out back by the pool.

Thanks, Stan and Susan, for your part of an exceptionally good occasion.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the traditional main house or more modern rooms in the poolside cottages. Both are fine options, depending on your tastes. We stayed in the main house - very nice. It's tempting to return at a cooler (non-August) time, when the fireplace would be perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a great place and I'll definitely come back if I'm in the area again. Stan was great and the room was just as expected, very clean (especially the jacuzzi) and in good condition. The fireplace made the subzero temperatures outside tolerable :)

Walking distance to the entire town, so very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple