Blantyre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wheatleigh(Lenox)
View Hotel
All reviewsmusic roomcarriage housethe blue roomthe main houserelais chateauxlaurel suitepianist playingdining roomcorner roomdrawing roomfine chinaoutstanding dinnerbeautiful musicspecial hoteldownton abbeytasting menuspectacular experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2013

On a recent winter weekend my husband and I headed from Boston to Lenox for our experience at Blantyre. The hotel is perfectly situated making you feel far away very quickly but with easy access from Boston, New York and other cities in the North East. We stayed in the blue room located in the main house, it was large, comfortable and had all of the modern amenities but still steeped in tradition. Fresh flowers throughout the property and an endless supply of books, magazine and anything else you can think of, I could have easily spent a week.We enjoyed wine tasting and a tour of the cellar on Saturday evening as well as a lovely dinner at the restaurant. I wouldn't necessarily score this high as a value plat but when you decide to go to Blantyre you know that you're going to pay top dollar. Staff were all delightful, exceptional and made us feel right at home.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank liz5757
Reviewed 2 January 2013

By a wonderful happenstances- was able to come home for Christmas and New Year's and my gift to Kerry was the New Year's Celebration at Blantyre. Since much of this was arranged via long distance and a nine hour time difference there was some concern about how it would all turn out

No need to worry- the weekend was perfect- room, view, activities, food, drink and service exceeded every expectation.

I collected menus from restaurants that have provided not just great meals and but great memories and have several dozen but only five have been framed- "The Fat Duck", The Commander's Place, White Barn Inn and Enoteca Pinchiorri- the menu from New Year's Eve at Blantyre will be joining this group

Room Tip: I liked the suite in the Carriage House- just seemed a little more private but any seem great
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jameslfoley
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Last September, I asked my partner to marry me at Blantyre. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, our stay was absolute perfection. Blantyre is beyond gorgeous. The staff is extraordinary. And the cuisine is, well, some of the best food I have ever had. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge two specific members of the staff who made our stay particularly memorable. David, the dining room manager, went out of his way to address every question, concern, and request I presented. Christelle, the wine director, had an encyclopedic knowledge of wine, and she perfectly paired our foods with the most fantastic wines.

I cannot wait until my return trip to this most magnificent of places.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dantx91
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My recent stay during the Winter holiday season at Blantyre provided what for me is the best and worst of Relais et Chateaux hospitality. On the one hand, you have a spectacular and unique house fitted out with every imaginable creature comfort, staffed by attentive and eager professionals. Roaring fires, an amazing wine list, tubs of bath salts, stacks of art books, beautiful views of the manicured grounds were among the features of the property I most enjoyed. On the other hand, it's extremely expensive and at these prices, even small things stand out. In this case, the decor is just over the top. Every surface is covered with tchotchkes and doilies and stuffed antelope or buffalo heads. The breakfast room has about 100 fake gingerbread houses all plugged into invisible sockets and glowing brightly at all hours. The main staircase windowsill (amazing leaded windows, by the way) has 50 nutcrackers leering and glowering at you on your way up. So, I say, go to Blantyre and curl up by the fire in an overstuffed chair with a book on Rothko and a glass of Margaux, but just be prepared that the management does not subscribe to Dwell. And, hats off, really. It's a very personal and committed kind of hospitality experience that's not out of a recipe book from the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank FlyingOwl
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Blantyre is among my very best hospitality experiences. The house is gorgeous, the grounds are stunning, tranquil and very well kept, and the interiors are beautiful and grand but still cosy and homely at the same time.
You never get the sense of being in a hotel, you are a guest at the estate of a knowledgeable and tasteful collector with unbeatable housekeeping skills.
Service is of the utmost courteousness and correction. Every staff member is formal, polite, welcoming and friendly. A delightful team!
I stayed in the Blue Room, a lovely "provençal" suite with fireplace, sitting area and canopy bed. The bathroom was quite large, stocked with Kiehl's products, and had an amazing rain shower by Lefroy Brooks. Heaven.
As late diners we were put in a gorgeous private room next to the main dining room, and were treated to an almost theatrical fine dining experience. The classic contemporary cuisine was of 1 star michelin standard.
Breakfast in the conservatory was nothing short of excellent. While I was waiting for my partner to come down, Pascal kept me in very good company and introduced me to Mrs Fitzpatrick Brown, the hotel owner and soul of the place.
I wholeheartedly recommend staying at Blantyre, and will most certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple