“spent 2 nights by myself.”
Review of Blantyre

Blantyre
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
New York City, New York
“spent 2 nights by myself.”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Last minute reservation,on my way to Boston coming from NYC,after readind some many very comments,i decided to stop by,WHAT a place,from the first contact i had with Christine,and the warm welcome from Ann the owner,i was already home!BRAVO Blantyre and all the team,my stay between the spa,the skating rink and the food!!mmm,wish i had some one with me to share .I will be back in few months promised,see you all again,and a special thank you to Ann,loved my cook book .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My wife and I spent one night just before Christmas at Blantyre and we must say the experience was totally enjoyable. This is definitely at the top end of what most could afford, but we were catered to from the moment we pulled up the driveway. This is where we would like to come back to to relax. We're not that big on Lenox, but Blantyre is great! My fear is that they will raise their rates to a level that would preclude us from returning.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I have stayed at Blantyre many times over the past 5 years - with my fiance and with my family, most recently last winter. (We typically celebrate Thanksgiving there). The review below offended me so much that I felt compelled to write in. Blantyre's owner, Ann, and her staff bend over backwards to make your stay perfect, no matter the request. They are not ageist (I began going in my 20s and have never experienced anything less than top caliber treatment). The rooms are beautiful and, having stayed in the Corner Room, a number of times, the view from that room is lovely. Yes, Blantyre is expensive, but it is worth every penny if you value beautiful surroundings, delicious food, a lovely spa, and a staff that treats you like royalty. We have enthusiastically recommended Blantyre to many people and guests for our wedding next fall are staying there.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aes37_79
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My partner and I stayed at this inn earlier this year, and it was the worst experience I have ever had at a "5 star" hotel. Firstly, the room was hugely expensive, which we were expecting, but it was not in great condition. In the middle of the winter, there was no heat in the bathroom, and the tile floor was freezing. The steam shower (which was the rooms "selling point") didn't work because the room was so cold.

When we complained about it, the manager and owner could not have been more rude. They ignored our major complaint about no heat, and didnt offer us any discount, wine, nothing.

We had mentioned as an aside that the TV was incredibly small and we had tried to watch a movie the night before(as one of our little complaints). Well, the owner made a huge deal about that, instead of listening to our big complaint- that we were paying a huge amount of money (1,000 a night) to stay in a room with a freezing bathroom. Because we were young, she made a big deal about how people of "our generation" care so much about TVs, and said she would do us HUGE FAVOR by bringing us a larger TV from another room. I said I didnt want it but she insisted; she acted like she was giving us her first born or something, and told us she had taken the TV from the room of friends of hers who were staying there and had given THEM a nice bottle of wine... it was so bizarre.

After bringing us a bigger TV, which we never watched, the owner conntinued to bother us, making our stay so uncomfortable. She actually came up to use on Valentine's night asking how the TV was and gave us a list of places we should stay in the are "should we ever return" with big TV's- no joke. She listed off the hotels in the area with big TV's and asked me if I wanted a list, I said no. She wrote out a list and brought it to me- to make clear that we werent wanted there or something.

Well, I wouldnt stay at this hotel again if someone paid ME $1,000 a night. I have never been so offended or disgusted by management in my life. It has actually taken me months to sit down and write the review because it was such an awful, traumatizing experience. Again, I really feel that the owner felt she could treat us however she wanted because we are in our twenties, not our sixties. No matte that we were paying guests trying to enjoy a romantic weekend together. We left that "vacation" feeling so stressed and unhappy, and I felt terrible that I had planned a "romantic" weekend with my partner, spent a great deal of money, and that he and I were treated that way.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
37 Thank sya14
iloveparis123, Owner at Blantyre, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
Although this couple visited 9 months ago,we remember them. ..for a day we were gladly hopping around trying to make them happy. They had reserved our beautiful Corner Room and didnot like the view(that was a tough one,unfortunately we were totally reserved and couldnot show them other rooms and views,and their room's view was one of our best)The heat in the bathroom was immediately improved by our maintenance staff and the steam shower was working perfectly. I was called at home about the TV,a totally new request for us but any guest's request is always an important one. .A friend of mine was staying in our 2 bedroom cottage and had a big TV that they were happy to trade for a bottle of wine.. ...The next 2 days our Corner Roon couple seemed really happy..they spent a great deal of time in the spa and diningroom and were all smiles when they departed. This one is a mystery. I am so sorry after all these months they remember their 3 day Valentine's Celebration with such disappointment.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The attention to detail, superior service and outstanding cuisine make this unique property a dream- worthy destination. Traveled for a relaxing experience but never imagined I'd be treated like a queen. The staff is friendly and committed and made sure every second of my stay was extraordinary. Every aspect of Blantyre is picture perfect!

p.s. Wine list is out of this world. And so is the movie list. And the menus. And the spa treatments. I better stop now... I could be here for a while....

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank bmbarbera
Reviewed 4 November 2010

From the moment you set foot on the property of Blantyre, you know you have entered another world. The worries of the world are left behind you. From the gracious greeting by Ann, the owner of this magical place to the beautiful decor that quite literally takes your breath away.....you are truly transformed into a place of antiquity, lovely decor and a staff who is more than willing to treat you like royalty. We stayed in the Bouquet Room and it was absolutely perfect. Words truly cannot adequately express Blantyre but I can say this.....you have to try it to believe it! This small hotel is truly in a class all its own. We stayed 3 nights and we wish we had planned to stay longer. For the wine enthusiasts.....they have a wine selection to die for. 150 page leather bound wine book gives one a plethora of choices. Oh, not to worry.....they place the wine list in each room. So there is plenty of time to check it out. And drool! Fresh flowers are every way! What a lovely sight it was, too. Some in our group had the selection of "Chef's choice" for dinner with fabulous wine pairings. Highly recommend that! Oh, did I mention they have had superb reviews both in Wine Spectator magazine and Conde Naste? We indulged ourselves in their spa--called "The Potting Shed". Be sure and not miss that! Lovely hot tub and great services. I highly recommend getting a massage and/or body scrubs. As we were pulling out of the driveway (after Ann had bid us a warm good bye).....we were all plotting and scheming on how soon we all wanted to return to this magical place. The sooner the better, I say! We all said the entire evening dining experience from drinks in the Conservatory to being escorted to our table was an absolute delight. The background pianist was such a special touch. There is plenty of cultural activities to choose from in the local area. And shopping and art galleries are a delight in the town of Lenox. I love to travel and very, very rarely do I ever say I want to return to a particular spot because I love new adventures! But we are already planning on our return to Blantyre very soon. It is truly one of a kind......"have to experience it" lovely hotel. It is worth every single penny! I would highly recommend you book one of the rooms in the main building. So convenient for dinner and such. I am known to friends/family as being a bona fide hotel snob. I would give Blantyre an A++++ without any hesitation or reservation!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank cchilton
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 October 2010

My husband and I just got married at Blantyre; we couldn't have asked for a more perfect spot. The staff was wonderful and made us feel so special and attended to. The food- both breakfast and dinner was delicious and we found our massages at the spa well worth it!
I would recommend Blantyre to anyone looking for a special place to get away or to host a special event. We will definitely be back to visit. Thanks to Trish and all of the fabulous staff!!
Emily & Mike

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank madelinewater
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Wheatleigh
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Blantyre? Share your experiences!