Blantyre
US$195
US$190
Official Site
US$56
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
All reviewsmusic roomcarriage housethe blue roomthe main houserelais chateauxlaurel suitepianist playingdining roomcorner roomdrawing roomfine chinaoutstanding dinnerbeautiful musicspecial hoteldownton abbeytasting menuspectacular experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Last minute reservation,on my way to Boston coming from NYC,after readind some many very comments,i decided to stop by,WHAT a place,from the first contact i had with Christine,and the warm welcome from Ann the owner,i was already home!BRAVO Blantyre and all the team,my stay between the spa,the skating rink and the food!!mmm,wish i had some one with me to share .I will be back in few months promised,see you all again,and a special thank you to Ann,loved my cook book .

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My wife and I spent one night just before Christmas at Blantyre and we must say the experience was totally enjoyable. This is definitely at the top end of what most could afford, but we were catered to from the moment we pulled up the driveway. This is where we would like to come back to to relax. We're not that big on Lenox, but Blantyre is great! My fear is that they will raise their rates to a level that would preclude us from returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I have stayed at Blantyre many times over the past 5 years - with my fiance and with my family, most recently last winter. (We typically celebrate Thanksgiving there). The review below offended me so much that I felt compelled to write in. Blantyre's owner, Ann, and her staff bend over backwards to make your stay perfect, no matter the request. They are not ageist (I began going in my 20s and have never experienced anything less than top caliber treatment). The rooms are beautiful and, having stayed in the Corner Room, a number of times, the view from that room is lovely. Yes, Blantyre is expensive, but it is worth every penny if you value beautiful surroundings, delicious food, a lovely spa, and a staff that treats you like royalty. We have enthusiastically recommended Blantyre to many people and guests for our wedding next fall are staying there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aes37_79
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My partner and I stayed at this inn earlier this year, and it was the worst experience I have ever had at a "5 star" hotel. Firstly, the room was hugely expensive, which we were expecting, but it was not in great condition. In the middle of the winter, there was no heat in the bathroom, and the tile floor was freezing. The steam shower (which was the rooms "selling point") didn't work because the room was so cold.

When we complained about it, the manager and owner could not have been more rude. They ignored our major complaint about no heat, and didnt offer us any discount, wine, nothing.

We had mentioned as an aside that the TV was incredibly small and we had tried to watch a movie the night before(as one of our little complaints). Well, the owner made a huge deal about that, instead of listening to our big complaint- that we were paying a huge amount of money (1,000 a night) to stay in a room with a freezing bathroom. Because we were young, she made a big deal about how people of "our generation" care so much about TVs, and said she would do us HUGE FAVOR by bringing us a larger TV from another room. I said I didnt want it but she insisted; she acted like she was giving us her first born or something, and told us she had taken the TV from the room of friends of hers who were staying there and had given THEM a nice bottle of wine... it was so bizarre.

After bringing us a bigger TV, which we never watched, the owner conntinued to bother us, making our stay so uncomfortable. She actually came up to use on Valentine's night asking how the TV was and gave us a list of places we should stay in the are "should we ever return" with big TV's- no joke. She listed off the hotels in the area with big TV's and asked me if I wanted a list, I said no. She wrote out a list and brought it to me- to make clear that we werent wanted there or something.

Well, I wouldnt stay at this hotel again if someone paid ME $1,000 a night. I have never been so offended or disgusted by management in my life. It has actually taken me months to sit down and write the review because it was such an awful, traumatizing experience. Again, I really feel that the owner felt she could treat us however she wanted because we are in our twenties, not our sixties. No matte that we were paying guests trying to enjoy a romantic weekend together. We left that "vacation" feeling so stressed and unhappy, and I felt terrible that I had planned a "romantic" weekend with my partner, spent a great deal of money, and that he and I were treated that way.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
39  Thank sya14
iloveparis123, Owner at Blantyre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Although this couple visited 9 months ago,we remember them. ..for a day we were gladly hopping around trying to make them happy. They had reserved our beautiful Corner Room and didnot like the view(that was a tough one,unfortunately we were totally reserved and couldnot show them other rooms and views,and their room's view was one of our best)The heat in the bathroom was immediately improved by our maintenance staff and the steam shower was working perfectly. I was called at home about the TV,a totally new request for us but any guest's request is always an important one. .A friend of mine was staying in our 2 bedroom cottage and had a big TV that they were happy to trade for a bottle of wine.. ...The next 2 days our Corner Roon couple seemed really happy..they spent a great deal of time in the spa and diningroom and were all smiles when they departed. This one is a mystery. I am so sorry after all these months they remember their 3 day Valentine's Celebration with such disappointment.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

The attention to detail, superior service and outstanding cuisine make this unique property a dream- worthy destination. Traveled for a relaxing experience but never imagined I'd be treated like a queen. The staff is friendly and committed and made sure every second of my stay was extraordinary. Every aspect of Blantyre is picture perfect!

p.s. Wine list is out of this world. And so is the movie list. And the menus. And the spa treatments. I better stop now... I could be here for a while....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends