Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
US$189
Official Site
US$77
Hotels.com
Garden Gables Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$222
Official Site
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$61
US$55
US$61
All reviewssloane's tavernquiet roomplay golfindoor poolsteam roomdriving rangebeautiful resortdifferent buildingscarriage housethe cottagesfitness centerthe main dining roomgirls weekendfine diningmusic roomoff seasonberkshire mountains
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Cranwell this past weekend. We arrived early and our room was all ready, which was a pleasant surprise. The room, in the Carriage House was very clean and bright, beds very comfortable, bathroom luxurious. We loved being in close proximity to the spa. I had an awesome massage (thanks Carissa) and enjoyed the sauna, hot tub and steam room. The fitness room and classes were great. We ate at Sloane's Tavern both nights, it was quite convenient to be able to walk to, the food was good. I was glad to see that the Tavern is getting a much needed renovation next month, it needs it. I would highly recommend the Cranwell because the staff is quite warm and helpful; the facilities are exceptionally clean and luxurious. The breakfast at the mansion was fine, but not great. Overall, the wonderful service and amenities outweigh the dated decor in the Tavern and the not so great breakfast to make it an excellent place to visit.

Room Tip: Beecher's Cottage - private, near golf, tavern and ski shop Mansion - antique charm near Wyndhurst (fine dining) restaurant Founders, Olmsted, Carriage House - connected/closest to spa/pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mom bought my two sisters and I a weekend getaway to Cranwell Resort and Spa as a Christmas gift. Combined, the three of us have 7 children and our kid-free escape could not have come at a better time! We arrived at Cranwell around 11:00am and presumed that our room would not be ready, but stopped at the front desk to inquire about where to park. I was greeted by a man named Peter at the reception desk and he cheerfully informed me that the room was indeed ready! He also gave me a map of the resort, told me about dining options, handed me our spa itineraries and offered to help with our bags! After we dropped our luggage off, we immediately headed to the spa. We were once again greeted by a cheerful receptionist named Erin. She went over our treatments, explained our lunch options, and encouraged us to come see her if we needed anything. And, she was even able to change the time of my sisters facial so that it fit into our day better. Once we were at the spa, we enjoyed all of the amenities and enjoyed our relaxing massages, facials and pedicures. After a few hours of being pampered, we thought that the perfect way to end the day would be a chilled bottle of champagne and a snack to accompany it. We approached the spa reception just as the Spa Director Christine emerged from her office. Without a second thought, she made a quick phone call to the kitchen and was able to accommodate our request! And within minutes, we had a bottle of champagne, four glasses, and a beautiful (and delicious) fruit and cheese place. Our wonderful experience continued that evening at the Sloane Tavern for dinner and drinks, and finally commenced at the Mansion for breakfast the next morning. Our servers at both restaurants were equally accommodating and went above and beyond to seat us quickly, make us drinks that weren't on the menu, and ensure that we were enjoying ourselves. A weekend at Cranwell will leave you feeling like a queen, which is exactly what the four of us needed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House and the rooms were very spacious!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed at Cranwell in the past for two-day conferences but I had never been there with my husband and teenage children until recently. We stayed in one of the cottages which had two very large and comfortable rooms. The suite was impeccably clean and very comfortable. It was also the quietest suite we have ever had at a hotel. No slamming doors or noisy neighbors as is the case in some hotels. Although the cold and sometimes rainy weather limited outside activites, we were still able to get in some cross country skiing and some walks around the beautiful grounds. The Tavern food was very well prepared and reasonably priced. My kids loved being able to walk to the Tavern and then back to the beautiful pool after dinner. The breakfast in The Mansion was excellent. The service at Cranwell is simply the best, whether it is at check-in or in one of the restaurants.The staff is friendly and helpful. Cranwell is a wonderful experience in the beautiful Berkshires whether you plan to be there on business or for a family getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol J
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My comments echo the positive reviews by others posted here. Staff; cleanliness of the facilities; professionalism; layout of the facilities; room amenities...all excellent. We purchased the overnight spa package and felt it was a very good value. Love that they allow you to apply the $125 spa credit to a service of your choosing as well as the $25 food credit. Especially appreciate that classes are included in the spa fee. I thought the classes were adequate but would have been disappointed if I had to pay for them in addition to our other fees because the room was small and the instructors were fine but I would not say top notch. Because we were there on a Sunday/Monday, options for lunch on Monday were limited so we got take out from a local Italian restaurant and had lunch in the Spa Cafe which was a great option. The staff was friendly and accommodating even providing wine glasses for the wine we had brought with us to lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are already planning the details around our trip next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in the carriage house in two adjoining rooms 211/212. Worked out great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We chose Cranwell for the second year in a row to hold a 2-day conference for 32 teachers in January. I found the entire staff very helpful and easy to work with. There were many conference details to work out (meals, meeting & break-out room arrangements, AV equipment, etc), and the Conference Service Manager always got back to me right away, with clear information, suggestions, and patience. The food was terrific,and all of the staff were warm and friendly. Our conference was a big success; we accomplished our goals, and I think the fact that the teachers all felt pampered and appreciated really added to the success of the program and created a very congenial atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business