Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Hampton Terrace Inn(Lenox)
US$200
US$189
Official Site
Garden Gables Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$222
Official Site
US$61
US$55
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$61
All reviewssloane's tavernquiet roomplay golfindoor poolsteam roomdriving rangebeautiful resortdifferent buildingscarriage housethe cottagesfitness centerthe main dining roomgirls weekendfine diningmusic roomoff seasonberkshire mountains
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is such a beautiful place. They have done an excellent job with the rooms and the property. I was very impressed. Beds comfortable, rooms very clean and spacious. No complaints. Restaurant was very nice, food ok. Didn't have a chance to visit the spa.

Room Tip: They have some rooms that seem to be more updated than others. We stayed in two types of rooms. You could ask for a more updated room if you prefer- we didn't seem to care, as both were clean, spacious, and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FlowerLife22
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The grounds and facility are amazing. Location is far enough away to feel like an oasis yet close enough to enjoy the simplicity or its surroundings. This was my first time at Cranwell and my sisters second. We both got out of it what we wanted, relaxation and a winter detox. The staff was great. We arrived early for our check in, knowing we could use the spa facilities if our room was not ready but it was so we were able to drop our bags and head to the oasis they call the spa. We both got a massage and facial. I had the 50 minute swedish massage and my sister got the warm stone massage. We compared notes after and were both highly satisfied. Every detail was great. The sauna, steam room, hot tub, amenties (towels, robes, slippers, etc). We went with one intention in mind which was to relax and this place hit it spot on!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Spent a multi-generational weekend, staying in a townhouse. Although it comes with a kitchen, the kitchen lacked so many essentials, it made everything kind of difficult (pots, but no pans, no sponge, no salt, lack of plates, etc). The pool was too cold for the adults to want to swim (kids were happy). I would not bother to write a review for these little things, except our big family dinner at the Tavern was terrible. I ordered the "spa salmon" which was just overcooked salmon with no butter or salt. I have eaten healthy low-cal spa food at other places where the food was wonderful and tasty. The meals were just not up to today's standard. The dinner also took 2.5 hrs, so long that we had the cake packed up to eat back at the townhouse. Still, we all got together, skiing was nearby and we had a good time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn G
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

It was great that you choose Cranwell for this important family occasion and are sorry that you found some areas less than satisfactory. Apologies that there was not adequate kitchen ‘equipment’ for your needs, sounds like you were cooking up a storm. Always happy to accommodate particular needs you might have and will note this for future visits. You mentioned the food at the Tavern, but this outlet was closed during your stay. I believe your dinner was in the Mansion, where service is more aligned with a fine dining experience and can take a bit longer than our more casual dining environment that was closed for renovations. When Sloane’s does re-open in April, we will be introducing a new tavern menu with delicious new healthy salads, flat breads, and specialty burgers and will likely be more in keeping with more swift dining. We hope you’ll return – Now that we know you, I’m sure we will be easily able to fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Cranwell this past weekend. We arrived early and our room was all ready, which was a pleasant surprise. The room, in the Carriage House was very clean and bright, beds very comfortable, bathroom luxurious. We loved being in close proximity to the spa. I had an awesome massage (thanks Carissa) and enjoyed the sauna, hot tub and steam room. The fitness room and classes were great. We ate at Sloane's Tavern both nights, it was quite convenient to be able to walk to, the food was good. I was glad to see that the Tavern is getting a much needed renovation next month, it needs it. I would highly recommend the Cranwell because the staff is quite warm and helpful; the facilities are exceptionally clean and luxurious. The breakfast at the mansion was fine, but not great. Overall, the wonderful service and amenities outweigh the dated decor in the Tavern and the not so great breakfast to make it an excellent place to visit.

Room Tip: Beecher's Cottage - private, near golf, tavern and ski shop Mansion - antique charm near Wyndhurst (fine dining) restaurant Founders, Olmsted, Carriage House - connected/closest to spa/pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mom bought my two sisters and I a weekend getaway to Cranwell Resort and Spa as a Christmas gift. Combined, the three of us have 7 children and our kid-free escape could not have come at a better time! We arrived at Cranwell around 11:00am and presumed that our room would not be ready, but stopped at the front desk to inquire about where to park. I was greeted by a man named Peter at the reception desk and he cheerfully informed me that the room was indeed ready! He also gave me a map of the resort, told me about dining options, handed me our spa itineraries and offered to help with our bags! After we dropped our luggage off, we immediately headed to the spa. We were once again greeted by a cheerful receptionist named Erin. She went over our treatments, explained our lunch options, and encouraged us to come see her if we needed anything. And, she was even able to change the time of my sisters facial so that it fit into our day better. Once we were at the spa, we enjoyed all of the amenities and enjoyed our relaxing massages, facials and pedicures. After a few hours of being pampered, we thought that the perfect way to end the day would be a chilled bottle of champagne and a snack to accompany it. We approached the spa reception just as the Spa Director Christine emerged from her office. Without a second thought, she made a quick phone call to the kitchen and was able to accommodate our request! And within minutes, we had a bottle of champagne, four glasses, and a beautiful (and delicious) fruit and cheese place. Our wonderful experience continued that evening at the Sloane Tavern for dinner and drinks, and finally commenced at the Mansion for breakfast the next morning. Our servers at both restaurants were equally accommodating and went above and beyond to seat us quickly, make us drinks that weren't on the menu, and ensure that we were enjoying ourselves. A weekend at Cranwell will leave you feeling like a queen, which is exactly what the four of us needed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House and the rooms were very spacious!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends