“Not worth the money”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Grounds were lovely but rooms are in dire need of remodel, room smelled musty and included college refrigerator as a wet bar. Should have stayed at a clean chain hotel at half the price. I've seen the hotel management respond to other displeased patron's. Please don't insult me or my review by responding and saying I should have complained and asked to move. The room was what it was and at over $500 a night, it room should have been in better shape.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mrs M
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your room accommodations. This is an area of priority for us and we continue our efforts to remodel and upgrade our rooms.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went to Lenox for a Tanglewood Concert which is very near. The room turned out to be a very comfortable suite in the estate building. The spa was wonderful. The pool well kept, the golf course well maintained and the spa nice. A place with all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the mansion
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ny
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We've been to the Cranwell quite a few times and it never disappoints. We love it's location and large grounds! The staff is very friendly & super accommodating without feeling stuffy. It's the only place to stay in lenox for a w/e getaway. So many amenities! And close to restaurants and outdoor activities. Especially if you golf! I love the fact that the resort is spread out. Makes you really appreciate the Berkshire outdoors.

• Stayed June 2014
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I just visited Cranwell Salon and received a moroccan pedicure . It was a great experience and my toes came out great ! I had Manny and I would recommend him highly! He picked out my color for me and it was perfect . Back in January I visited Cranwell and received a facial from hell so I was excited to learn that in September Manny will be doing Facials I might have to give it another go ! I would recommend the salon but I think the actual spa it's self needs a lot more love and attention !

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just spent two nights at the Cranwell with two of my close friends. The rooms were spacious and clean as well as comfortable. The facilities were equally clean and very well maintained. The spa was first rate and easily accessible from the Carriage House, where we stayed. The staff was largely helpful and all were friendly. We had an amazing trip and are already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the carriage house are newer and well maintained.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chillie
Reston, VA
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Having only visited the Lenox area in the winter, I was not prepared for the intense beauty of the area. The green is like no other ever experienced. It was enchanting. Our stay at Cranwell Resort and Spa offered us two days of perfect weather, museums and accommodations . The staff at the resort was uniformly gracious, helpful and professional. Because of time constraints, I was only able to fit in a Restorative Yoga class and a deep-tissue massage -both were superb. I would definitely avoid the dining room. Our dinner started with a dreadful soup and just got worse as the meal progressed. I think the chef needs to get the basics under control before experimenting.

Room Tip: We had a first-floor room facing the golf course and couldn't have been happier.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Cranwell last weekend and had a lovely stay. The grounds were beautiful and the services were great. However, the fitness classes were subpar and the rooms could use renovation. My biggest qualm was their lack of hospitality to their guests. I got the moroccan body scrub treatment and was asked to remove my necklace before the treatment. The treatment was excellent, but after I got home that evening I realized I had forgotten my necklace at the Spa. I called the Cranwell, and they said they could ship it to me for $9.80. I understand that it is technically my responsibility to remember my belongings, but you would think the staff would remind you about the expensive jewelry they had you remove, or that they could show some hospitality and send my necklace free of charge. Apparently, after you have paid they no longer care about your business. I was thoroughly disappointed and was left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Hannah E
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
We’re so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and spa treatment. During these services, we always encourage guests to remove jewelry as a protective measure. When property is left behind, we do everything possible to locate it and it’s great to know that your necklace was returned to you safely. We would be happy to reimburse the $9.80 shipping cost. Please contact me and I'll arrange a refund. Thanks and hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield
Wheatleigh
Wheatleigh
#8 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!