My wife and I stayed at the Cranwell 8 years ago before we had kids and had a great time. We were a little concerned to return with our 2 children (8 and 19 mos.) based on the formality of the resort and the bad reviews on this site.
However, we were thrilled with our experience, and cannot understand the low ratings given to this property which is one of the best within 3 hours of NYC. We stayed in a two room suite (which most of the rooms outside the main house/castle are) in the Olmstead building and had plenty of room.
The suite had a large bedroom with king size bed and TV, a hallway with sink and refrigerator and a living room with queen size sleeper, TV and room for another bed/crib. Our 8 yr old son slept on sleeper and the baby in a Pack and Play with plenty of room for both. The bathroom was clean, good size and stocked with plenty of high-end products.
The front desk staff , valets and concierge were helpful and there was always a roaring fire in the lobby. Since our last visit, they installed a large, indoor pool, an extensive spa (where my wife had 2 great massages) and indoor, heated hallways connecting most areas. They even provided complimentary shuttle service throughout the resort.
We ate breakfast in the Music Room which consisted of an expansive buffet with a fresh egg station for $17.95 per adult. Even though we had a toddler, the staff went out of their way to be helpful and nothing was a problem for them. They had plenty of highchairs and booster seats and were happy to accomodate any request. We also ate dinner there one night and it was fantastic. The restaurant is one of the best in the Berkshires.
Other than the fact that it is expensive ($345 per night), there was nothing not to like about the hotel. We are looking forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high on a hilltop in Lenox, MA, Cranwell Resort, Spa and Golf Club offers spectacular views for every season. Enjoy one of the largest spas in the Northeast along with elegant accommodations, fine dining, outstanding amenities and exceptional service. Whether your visit is for a weekend getaway, business meeting or stylish wedding or event, Cranwell Resort, Spa and Golf Club offers the ultimate resort experience on 380-acres snuggled in the heart of the Berkshires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club Hotel Lenox
- Cranwell Resort, Spa And Golf Club
- Cranwell Hotel Lenox
- Cranwell Resort Lenox
- Cranwell Resort Anbd Spa Lenox