“Basic, no frills, good for a stop over”
Review of Lenox Inn

Lenox Inn
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stopped here for a night when passing through. What you get is exactly what they say. A bed, a fridge, TV, WiFi, a bathroom, and that's about it.

There's no microwave nor is there in-room coffee - and that's as advertised. There is coffee in the office but it's that slightly dark-brown warm water that comes out of a pot marked coffee but doesn't actually taste much of coffee, or anything. Someone else mentioned the paper-thin walls. Oh yes, you most certainly can hear the conversations of your neighbors.

On the downside, the extractor fan in the bathroom rattled so much that it sounded like a jumbo jet so I was thankful for the ability to turn on the light by the bathroom mirror. The sheets on my bed were somewhat rough to; perhaps over-bleached, perhaps just cheap. Again, this is a budget motel and if you're expecting more then you'd be in the wrong market segment.

If you are simply looking for a bed for the night, then this is a viable option. If you prefer your comforts and a little more style, then you might want to pay a little extra and move up-market instead.

Would I come back? Maybe.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank PSKZ

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed here for a week, + were very pleased w/ our experience. The price was great, (the lowest in town). The owners were really helpful, friendly + very quick to fix any problem's. They always kept the room neat + clean. We would not hesitate to return + have recommended it to a relative who will be staying in town in the near future.

Room Tip: Don't let the location scare you. It seems like it would, as it is located on a busy road...but...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The lenox inn fits the bill for an affordable stay in the berksires. The motel is close to many fine restaurants, tanglewood, skying, shopping and other tourist spots. The beds are very comfortable. The room has a desk, two chairs, great tub shower combo. as for the general cleanliness of the room, I did find a hair on the bathroom floor and some kind of a web in the corner of the room. I travel often and have seen these things in five star hotels. Not a big deal.bottom line is that you wont go wrong at the lenox inn.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I rated the Lenox Inn three stars solely based on its affordable rates and the bang-for-buck factor. The "you get what you pay for" expression comes to mind.

Don't come to this motel if you're a germaphobe because the place wouldn't pass your standards. The room's odor alone will knock you off your feet.

Also, don't stay here if you care at all that others can hear your in-room conversations and activities--yes, all of them! The walls are so paper thin that my niece, staying in the adjoining room, was able to recite word-for-word what I'd been talking about.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I'm submitting this review because in my experience this week the motel is highly overrated on all of the sites I checked. The stay wasn't a disaster, but I wouldn't want to repeat it. The place isn't very clean--during my usual bedbug check, I discovered lots of uncleaned corners, including lots of hair and dirt between the mattress and bedspring on the bedspring cover, which looked like it hadn't been washed in ages. There was also hair on the back of the toilet. The room smelled like chemical air fresheners. The motel rooms are very near a busy road and the sound of passing cars was constant throughout the night (as were sounds from people in the room next door). The proprietor kept talking on the phone while checking me in, and couldn't be bothered to recommend a local restaurant. Also, there was no latch on the inside of the door to the room, which generally makes me feel less safe. I really don't understand the good reviews that have been written!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank university1traveler
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My spouse and I stayed at the Lenox Inn on 10/7/11. It was an effort getting there from our route through VT due to the flooding and resulting highway and bridge closures up north from hurricane Irene in August. What an economic disaster to the area for tourism! It is an older motel quite close to busy route 7/20, as described by other reviewers. We stayed in room 115 in the "L". It had a redone bath with all modern: large pedestal sink, toilet, bathtub, shower curtain and shower head. Toilets flushed, the water was hot. The hairdryer looked new. Besides the overhead light and fan, it had a very bright florescent light over the large mirror. No trouble for my husband to shave! There were the right amount of towels, washcloths, and handtowels. Cashmere Boquet soap, which smells so nice. The bathroom had a small window, as well as one in the back of the bedroom area, both with good locks. It was tastefully decorated, with a table and 2 highback chairs, and wall reading lamps by the kingsize bed. Large TV on the chest/credenza. The bed sheets smelled freshly washed. The pillows were a bit firm, but comfortable for me. The mattress was firm and comfortable. There is a bit of road noise but the curtains block a lot of it and it didn't keep me from falling asleep. I did wake in the middle of the night and thought a spaceship must have landed behind the room. It turned out to be the old dorm-size refrigerator/freezer combo that we plugged in, humming and singing. I didin't really notice it until all was quiet. It did keep everything cold or frozen though. There was parking right outside the door. Management seemed attentive, when we pulled in after dinner, we saw the night manager/owner peering out the office window and checking out the car and us. We didn't hear noise from any of the other guests during the night, and the place was at least half-full. There are plenty of restaurants and strip malls nearby. For the price, we would stay there again. Our room was fine.

Room Tip: Rooms in the interior of the "L" (115,114) are probably quieter as they don't absorbe...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thekansaspyet
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Good clean place to stay. Newly decorated, new shower curtain & bedding, pictures on the wall ect. The owners really make an effort! Not very impressed with choice of places to eat in local area though so you need to travel 3 or 4 miles for some choice of decent restaurants. Would highly recommend :-)

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank tillywoo01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
#11 of 16 in Lenox
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield

Been to Lenox Inn? Share your experiences!