“Spotless!”
Review of Lenox Inn

Lenox Inn
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is so cool and retro, original retro :) It is spotless, beds super comfy and really cool pool. Located near Tanglewood, it was a great spot for us to see a concert and rest afterward! Easy check in, and out.

Room Tip: Not on the end, the sun shines in too much.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lenox Inn

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We choose this mainly for its location. It is very near a number of chain and a few local restaurants. The manager was very friendly and the room was clean. Room 112 that we just happened to get was ideal as the two sections of the inn form an L but with a roofed over hallway between them. It has a locked door on the end away from parking. Its sheltered location meant that we heard very little traffic noise. Can't say about the other rooms. Forget breakfast: orange juice and some small packaged muffins. There must have been coffee but I didn't happen to notice it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room S112 is the quietest one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This was a decent hotel if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive no frills place in an area that is surrounded with overpriced hotels. 10 minute ride from Tanglewood, which is the only reason we stayed here. Call them if the surrounding hotels won't rent to you without a 3 night minimum. Fridge, cable, and all of the basics that you would expect from a bare minimum place that you plan on spending 10 hours or so in. The pool looks acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was at the Lenox Inn for a two-night stay over the weekend. They do pretty thrifty business considering it was off-season. On the plus side it inexpensive (I paid $54 a night taxes inc.). Actually price is a big plus and deserves almost 5 stars based on that and the cleanliness alone. On the downside I could still hear the relatively quiet neighbor next door meaning that any level above a quiet murmur and one's privacy will be compromised. Secondly is the parking gets full and awkward fast and you not get a spot near your door. Lastly bring you own shampoo or walk down to the nearby CVS. Otherwise great bargain!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dreverends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Recently stayed here. I was very low on cash and in need of a place to stay. Stopped at several locations but rates were too much for me. I was told to call here I did and the rate was right on the money. The room was very clean, even smelled clean. It came equipped with everything. And the bed and pillows were very comfy. I will def. stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Madbay1018
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The inn (motel) is great. Not the motel of our youth. Immaculate, very attractive from the outside and the new decor in the rooms is beautifully coordinated and very tasteful. Price is great. If there is something you need that's not in the room...just ask at the front desk. The owners/staff are very pleasant and accommodating. No breakfast served, but coffee is available in the morning. I zapped my tea in the lobby micro...but if u want your own micro just ask for one. Fridge in every room. Friendly's a very short walk down from the Inn.
We stayed for almost a week, refugees from Sandy storm NY. I am very fussy and want quality in my hotels. Now the Lenox Inn is not a 5 star NYC hotel, but I was very satisfied, contented and comfortable. Staying somewhere for a week is a challange and we managed nicely at this Inn. Give it a try , but if this is your once a year "big" vacation check it out online first and judge for yourself. Consider your budget...and if it needs to be reasonable check all the other accommodations and their prices. I think the Lenox Inn is a very big bang for your buck. I didn't notice a pool as we were there in November. Check it out online. Good luck in your search for accommodations in the Lenox-Stockbridge-Pittsfield MA area.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maryann S
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I recently stayed at the Lenox Inn when I was in town for a wedding. It was the cheapest place in the area and we knew we wouldn't spend too much time there so we "risked" it. We paid $72.80 a night... and I still feel ripped off. We were greeted by a friendly woman who gave us our key - as soon as we walked in our room we were hit with a wall of stink. The room says "non-smoking" but this place smelled strongly of cigarette smoke being covered with massive amounts of deoderizer. It was completely nauseating. The bed had a very bulky mattress cover that felt like a trash bag. The bathroom was disgusting with a mildewy shower curtain. The shower made a screaming sound the whole time you used it. I tried to blow dry my hair and it blew a fuse so we lost power. There was no heater and we were cold all night. We literally drove around at times just so we didn't have to hang out in the hotel room. Find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank vanonymous
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield

Been to Lenox Inn? Share your experiences!