Yankee Inn
Hampton Terrace Inn(Lenox)
US$200
US$189
Official Site
Garden Gables Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$222
Official Site
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$61
US$55
US$61
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$200
All reviewsmain buildingmade to order omeletspool and hot tubomelet stationcontinental breakfastroom was cleanmotel styleindoor and outdoor poolsfront desk staffa nice place to staysmall balconyyogurtgas fireplaceking roomwould definitely stay here againcoffee makerbusy road
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Friendly staff, VERY CLEAN room, excellent continental breakfast. Also enjoyed the heated indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I and my family stayed in this hotel in both July and September. The rooms were both clean and comfortable with good ensuite facilities.
They had both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool and as a base from which to travel around MA it was ideal.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I posted the following review of the Yankee Inn a couple of weeks ago on Tripadvisor:

-------------------------
This is an extremely average motel on a dingy strip of Route 7 in the supposedly beautiful Berkshires.

Tired musty rooms, less than friendly staff at front desk and noisy neighbours meant that we cut our 2 night stay in half and headed for the east coast a day earlier than planned.

On the positive side, the BSO at Tanglewood was fantastic and some of the local villages are cute - Stockbridge being at the top of the list.

Just don't stay in the Yankee Inn - find a good independent guesthouse, inn or B&B in a more scenic part of the Berkshires.
----------------------

It did, and does still, reflect my personal opinion of the Yankee Inn in relation to my expectations of the Berkshires and the images and description of the lodging on their website.

However, I must premise my negative comments by stating that the hotel management were extremely professional and proactive in contacting me immediately after my posting was listed on Tripadvisor.

They have informed me that there are ongoing renovations of the block of rooms where we were staying and did agree that the current decor is in need of its refreshing and refurbishment. These refurbishments should be completed over the course of the next couple of months (my understanding from the conversation).

I very much appreciated their effort to contact me and understand my issues with their establishment.

However, I have to remain true to my impression of the motel - it is located on the main Route 7 which is busy and commercial and slightly rundown - rightly or wrongly, I did not expect this of the Berkshire experience. If I had expected this to be the case, then I would not have had such a negative reaction to the overall Yankee Inn experience.

It does come a lot cheaper than some of the other Berkshire accommodation options so therein lies the rub. If you are looking for a hideaway Berkshire Inn/guesthouse etc., then be prepared to pay a little more for the experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2009

I spent five nights in the Yankee Inn, Lenox, Ma. The room was spacious, quiet and comfortable, their breakfast good, the indoor pool and hot tub clean and comfortable. The Inn is located on the border between Lenox and Pittsfield on Highways #7 and 20.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting in the Lenox Mass. area.. It is such a beautiful place. The rooms were super, had everything you could ask for and more. The personnel were friendly and very helpful. Looking forward to our next trip. Ann Robillard

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple