Yankee Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lenox Inn(Lenox)
Berkshire Inn(Pittsfield)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsmain buildingmade to order omeletspool and hot tubomelet stationcontinental breakfastroom was cleanmotel styleindoor and outdoor poolsfront desk staffa nice place to staysmall balconyyogurtgas fireplaceking roomwould definitely stay here againcoffee makerbusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We have been staying at Yankee Inn during trips to MA for a number of years. Our top reasons for returning to their place: friendly, helpful staff, rooms with 'fridge (to store picnic goodies & leftovers) & microwave, balcony or patio spaces for each room in the main building, generous continental breakfast that includes made to order omelets on weekends, pools in and outdoors, short drive to Tanglewood; close to Bosquet for winter travelers.
We always request rooms in the Main Building, as we enjoy sitting on the balcony or patio with morning coffee and newspaper or book. Front Desk Staff always personable and willing to help with ideas for restaurants and things to do. Very helpful housekeeping staff, too. Our favorite rooms have generous spaces with easy chair, desk & chair in addition to entertainment unit. WiFi usually not a problem in main bldg, and they have a computer with constant access in the Lobby for use by anyone staying there. Whole place being renovated, but not obtrusively during our stays. Easy place to relax.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2010

After reading the stellar reviews, I booked into this hotel thinking it was a great deal. I knew it wasn't fancy, but expected nice enough and cheap (so I could spend my vacation budget on fun things in the area!!). It was so bad, I left it as soon as I could.

I was booked into the South building; it's possible that the main building is OK.

At first, there were just irritations-- the lighting by the room numbers made it nearly impossible to see the room numbers for the second floor; parking was laid out terribly, so it was hard to find a place to park your car near enough to the stairs to bring in your luggage; the wifi didn't work for the south building (I was warned that was the case, but was shocked since that's a simple thing to fix); and when I took my laptop to the main building, the wifi was so ridiculously slow I couldn't even log into my main email account! (A kid confirmed that that snail's speed was normal for the hotel). That did make it difficult to search for alternate accommodations (their plan?). Also, what they call a fitness facility is three lame machines: a treadmill, one weights machine (but not even an all-in-one) and a bike. The pool's nice, but too small for laps. So if your idea of exercise is thinking about a workout, they're fine; but if you're a gym addict, you'll be seriously disappointed. But I could have lived with these given the price...

Then I went to my room to sleep. The good thing: their rooms are very clean and the fridge is big by hotel standards. The problem: the walls are paper-thin. I was kept awake until 3 am by people talking on the walkway outside and in the room on one side. Then, woken at 7 a.m. by a couple on the other side deciding if they wanted to go to breakfast or wait a bit. It sounded like they were standing right next to my bed. In both cases, the conversations were at normal volume-- no quarrels, no rowdiness, just people chatting pleasantly. You can't call front desk to complain that a man is speaking to his wife! Since they failed one of the two fundamental requirements for a hotel (a place to sleep, and clean), I found alternate accommodations first thing.

And what's even worse? They billed me the full amount for the room!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank AlizaFromOttawa
mtoole, Owner at Yankee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Thank you for your feedback. We share in your frustration with our WiFi situation. Please believe that we are doing everything within our means to fix this problem. It may seem simple, but in fact it has required many visits from repairmen and the installation of several routers in each side of our buildings, all to no avail. We are still working on this and aim to have it fixed by September.
We are very sorry and surprised to hear that you found the walls to be thin enough to hear the conversations around you. The south building was built in the 1950's and is structurally solid with layers of plaster/cinder block between each rooms walls. Because of the construction of this building this is a complaint that is very rarely heard. However, we will diligently look into the issue.
We are presently upgrading the common areas of the hotel which includes our fitness room. This room, although small, can provide the basics for guests who need to exercise during their stay. We also offer a 10% discount for admission to a local gym if further fitness accommodation is needed. As a family run business we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms and the professionalism and courtesy of our service. Again we apologize for your bad experience, and hope you will consider giving the Yankee Inn a second chance in the future.
-Larry Toole, GM. & the Toole family.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

We checked out of our overpriced and dank Berkshires B&B (no availability) and moved into the Yankee Inn for one night, expecting little besides a great price for that Lenox location. The helpful woman at the front desk gave us a room in the rear of the Inn overlooking a scenic pond, because she thought it would be more quiet and relaxing. The entire visit turned out to be just that. The accomodations were clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was great (included) and I noticed that everything in the breakfast room was refilled ten minutes before closing time (10 am), a thoughtful touch for all of the late comers straggling in. There is a special family feeling about the Inn, from the superb, original photos in the hallway, to the coffee mugs in the room and especially the warmth and interest at the front desk, when it came to selecting a restaurant for dinner. When we left, we received a warm and kind send off as well. My only suggestion would be to use less plastic and styrafoam in the breakfast room - some recyled paper products would be a classier choice. All in all, a great visit and I know we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We were very pleased with this well-run family inn, which was superior to other local motels in its category for its cleanliness, informative employees, and accessible location. The breakfast was generous, the staff courteous and anxious to help travelers with their needs. The Yankee Inn is a good place to enjoy a visit to the Berkshires in the summer! It was recommended to us by locals, but it's clear that we were not the first to hear of this very appealing accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel1196
Reviewed 28 July 2010

The Yankee Inn is clean, well managed and a pleasant place to stay. The room is large and includes a mini-fridge. Front desk people were helpful. Breakfast is adequate, but the room can get crowded on weekends. No complaints from me.

We ate at both Nudel (no reservations, but worth the wait) and Jonathan's Bistro. I would highly recommend both.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends