“Portions and price nice”

Il Camino Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Leominster
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This family operated restaurant offers authentic homemade Italian meals, party/buffet menus and a full liquor license in a casual dining atmosphere. Our exclusive dinner menu includes your main dish, soup, salad, pasta, Italian eggplant or zucchini and dessert.Please visit the warmth of family dining at reasonable prices in a small local restaurant setting. Open 7 days. Kids are welcome. Dinner reservations are accepted.
West Boylston, Massachusetts
“Portions and price nice”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Il Camino of Leominster MA is a find. Portions and price are nice. Italian fare done well. Friendly service, clean environment. Has busy lunches and repeat clientele. We had a chicken picata special with steamed brocccoli with a small dish of mayo on the side and a bowl of spaghetti with garlic and oil. All pasta is home-made. Our server was Jamie C. she was not a "hoverer" as some servers might be which is fine as long as attention to patron is sufficient. When she became busy, another server helped by clearing dishes and packing up the second piece of chix in a carryout box.

• Visited December 2013

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Good Old Fashion Homemade Pasta”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Service was good, waitress was attentive, but not obtrusive. Sat in the lounge, a favorite place to sit, cozy and a TV offers some sports coverage.
Servings are generous and as always enough to take home for another meal.

Visited October 2013
Holden, Massachusetts
“Got my fix of chicken piccata”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had lunch here with 2 friends. Had not been in quite awhile but was in the mood for their chicken piccata which is the best around. I am always disappointed on the rare occasions I order that dish elsewhere. It was just as delicious as I remembered it. I do recall that years ago they did have capers in the sauce but no longer. That is not a deal breaker for me. It came with several other choices and I opted for eggplant parmesan. I was somewhat disappointed in the eggplant from my memory of how it used to be. I do like my eggplant parmesan thin, but this tasted more of bread crumbs than eggplant. One of my friends ordered the haddock which she said was good.
Service was fine. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for a mid week lunch.Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andrea C
Gainesville, Georgia
“My favorite restaurant.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My family has spent the last 30 years enjoying authentic Italian food at Il Camino. We have tried most of the pasta dishes and have never been disappointed. My favorite desert is a order of honey strips, a must try.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not too bad, good meal”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Driving home, passing through Leominster and decided I did not feel like driving for a while. GPS suggested Il Camino for Italian restaurants near my location.
Stopped in here for a quick dinner, just before 5. I was a little offput when I was seated in the empty lounge, felt like I was being ignored because I was a single diner. The table I was at had that old sour cheese smell, unsure if it was cleaned with a dirty cloth or if the table cheese dispenser had some issues.
I heard the staff arguing over who was going to have to wait on me, "Kim hasn't had a table in a while" etc. etc. Thought I should maybe leave if I was going to put someone through such a hassle. Server came over, not sure if it was the hapless Kim or someone else. I ordered a drink, points for stocking my vodka, drink was up immediately, no garnish though. Ketel and soda, you should throw in a twist of lime. More on the drink later.
I ordered the Chicken Marengo with eggplant on the side. They make their own pasta, but I didn't want anything so heavy. Salad is your typical bagged iceberg mix, house Italian was good but really on the sweeter side. Meal came out pretty quick, chicken was 5 nice size tenders with a Marsala sauce and some parsley. Sauce was okay, maybe another minute or two to cook out some of the wine harshness and it would have been flawless. I missed mushrooms or onions or some sort of vegetable with the dish. Now I know.
The eggplant was nice, not too overly breaded, not too greasy, but what is it with the provolone on the parm up here? Is mozzarella too expensive? A parmigiana is so much better with mozz. Red sauce good. Two thirds through my drink I see the ice cube with the black flecks in it. I know they are probably charcoal from the water filter, but I still skeeved and decided I was done with the drink.
All in all, I cannot say I am in a tearing hurry to return to Il Camino. And just for future reference; whatever your bias is against single diners hostess and servers at Il Camino, please do not assume we all want to be stuck in a corner in your smelly lounge, and please note that some of us do actually leave a tip.

• Visited August 2013