“Our room was okay, but don't ask my friends about theirs!”
Review of Motel 6 Leominster

Motel 6 Leominster
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Leominster
Claverack, New York, United States
“Our room was okay, but don't ask my friends about theirs!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Our track club was here for Junior Olympics. Never stayed at a motel 6 before, and I don't think I will again.

I wasn't expecting much, and I wasn't disappointed. Clean, bare bones, nice staff. Pool was pleasant. Walkable to several restaurants and shopping.

We apparently got the only good room. Everyone else's rooms smelled like smoke. Not clean at all. Pizza delivery guy wouldn't come there bc of the neighborhood. Friends are fairly confident they witnessed a drug deal happen in the parking lot.

I'd skip this one.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although the room was clean and adequate for our 1-night stay, there was a strong odor. At first, I thought it might be due to previous smoking occupant (it was a non-smoking room with an ashtray turned upside down and "NO SMOKING" printed on the bottom to remind folks of the non-smoking requirement -- seemed ironic to use an ashtray to get the message across!) There is fake wood flooring (no carpet) in the room and I now believe that the odor could have been from the adhesive used or the flooring itself. There weren't any other options in the area as a softball tournament was going on that weekend in June and we had arrived after midnight. We stayed the one night and found something else for the remainder of our visit with relatives in the area.
Is within short walking distance to mall, theater and restaurants. As is typical of the area, this facility is used by many traveling construction workers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Leominster hotels

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stay in this hotel because it was my daughter wedding this weekend. I tried to find another place in the city but all were full. First I asked for a no smoking room and the one they gave to me smell like the Marlboro Company. The second room smell bad but there's no one left. All things looks old and careless. Price too high
Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There for business.Rooms were fresh,hardwood floors a nice touch,Plenty to eat and shopping within walking distance.Wont take points off for being awoken early one morning by a little bit of extra pleasurable activity going on in the next room...I have no proof it was an illegal act.Keep your nose clean and you will be ok.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jim--reporting-live
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Room was clean. No bugs. Did not feel comfortable with some of the people who seem to live at the motel.... Did not want to use the washing machine.... Place was tacky... Noise from traffic...
Internet was hard to work with... Had to pay and very slow..

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Bunky G
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been using this location for 4 years and it is a friendly place and the staff very helpful if you treat them with the respect they deserve.I come from the UK and am appalled at the mess the Americans throw around and blame the staff.Their job is not to pick your rubbish up or to be your servant.The staff are willing to do jobs if asked politely and respectfully.I am just back from an 18 day stay and at the weekend a group of adults and hockey players around 8 to 14 took over the place and were noisy until 2pm on two nights,the kids chalked all over the front car park,the adults sat round the car park while the kids played hockey,they yelled rather than walk over to speak to someone,threw crap off the upstairs onto the car park and people call the staff!!Come on get your own house in order and behave yourselves and take responsibility for your kids actions and your own.The police were called for guests who were selfish in the esteem.I say well done to all the staff for what they put up with from guests.

Room Tip: Come when the hockey clan are not there and any room will be fine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank cretsulli
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

It had been a long time since my last Motel 6 stay, and there were no other overnight options in Leominster on Easter weekend. I stopped with my teenage son, and our impressions match most of the recent reviews. But Trip Advisor readers also need to know what you should, and should not expect, when staying at a Motel 6.

I booked online, and check in was fast. Once in our room we discovered Motel 6's $2.99 fee for wireless internet. Traveler’s with kids beware—the fee applies to each device; and $7 (with taxes) was charged since two devices required two access codes! The nice desk clerk said “this is how Motel 6 keeps it's rooms rates low, since other motel chains build free internet fees into their higher room rates.” Her good thinking inspired me to undertake a full accounting of other absent amenities that keep room prices low at Motel 6.

There is a landline phone, with free long distance, but no alarm clock. That means you will need either a cell phone or travel alarm to keep track of time. There are no facial tissues, but the resourceful traveler will substitute toilet paper instead of bringing some from home. Two small bars of soap are provided, but bring shampoo unless you don’t mind washing your hair with bath soap. An old-fashioned bottle opener is mounted on the sink, so fill your cooler with glass bottled beverages (there is no mini fridge). Don’t bother bringing food that needs reheating though—there’s no microwave in the room, or anywhere on site.

After this first return to Motel 6 in the 21st century, my sense is that their business model needs updating to accommodate some of the minimal needs of the average modern traveler. Otherwise, as the Boy Scout motto stills says, “Be Prepared!”

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Larry M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Colonial Hotel
Colonial Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gardner
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Motel 6 Leominster? Share your experiences!