“Disappointed at Rye and Thyme”
Review of Rye and Thyme

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mechanic
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Went to this much talked about restaurant with my girlfriend and her sons. Although my meal was good (short ribs) her son's burger was dry and tasteless, and her other son's chicken pot pie looked like heavy chicken soup poured over a thick piece of bread. It was very cold where we sat by the front windows. Also, once served we were hard pressed to get the waitperson to attend to us again. I didn't want to be fawned over, but we sat for long periods of time between courses, even though the place was mostly empty. The one bright light to this otherwise dismal experience was that the desserts were FANTASTIC!!! We had a choice of 4 (very limited menu), and we got three of them to share.

1  Thank Jimed756

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant, as I've had good experiences with the Niche Restaurant Group before. The restaurant has a really great atmosphere and fantastic drink list! But the food was pretty poor. I ordered the burger; my husband ordered the meatloaf. For $12, I was expecting more than a generic bun, flavorless beef patty , and run of the mill frozen fries. The meatloaf was also underwhelming. In short, the food did not at all live up to the atmosphere or the prices.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were traveling across the state on Highway 2 and were beginning to think we would never find a place to eat. With some help from Yelp, we located Rye and Thyme and detoured into Leominster to have a bite. We had a delicious dinner - the salmon, a burger and a wedge salad. I really enjoyed the craft beer since I wasn't driving! I enjoyed the staff and the ambience and wished we could have stayed longer and had a few more beers. But needed to get back on the road but were very happy with our find.

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

A friend and I were out for a quick dinner. The beer selection was welcomed on a hot summer night. We started with salads which are a little too large as a starter, wish they offered a smaller version. We both ordered the pizza, hers was chicken and I had the lobster special. Both were delicious, the crust was very light and crisp. I have been here numerous times and I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I went to Rye and Thyme one Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful summer day and we wanted to get a drink !

We sat outside! It was delightful! Flowers in the windowboxes, umbrellas up, summer breeze, great drinks.. We just had drinks this time, there was no problem. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating! I have eaten here and it was great! Had a great waiter, food delicious, ambiance great! This was recommended by my daughter first.