“Hoping for imrpovement”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rye and Thyme

Rye and Thyme
Reserve with OpenTable
Rye and Thyme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 132 Restaurants in Leominster
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mechanic
Mass
“Hoping for imrpovement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The former Monument Grille was an upscale restaurant in the same Rye and Thyme space which served excellent bistro-style food as well as very good main courses. I have been underwhelmed by Rye and Thyme twice. First was a visit for dinner last summer, when my friend and I were seated alone in the spacious dining room. We ordered light meals, and found them edible but average. We felt lonesome or outcast in the big empty space while other patrons were scattered in the booths and main room tables. Last week four members of my family met for drinks and dinner. The salads were huge (way too big to be sides) and we wished we had been advised to split them. The main courses were huge, but unexceptional. Service was fine and the waiter promptly refilled water glasses and kept up with drinks. The beer selection is wonderful. I tried the signature Leominster Manhattan--once was enough. The cocktail menu and spirit selection is impressive. The location is so good, I really hope for improvement in the food. Prices seemed high for food, average for drinks.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Molly066

Leominster, Massachusetts
“Disappointed at Rye and Thyme”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Went to this much talked about restaurant with my girlfriend and her sons. Although my meal was good (short ribs) her son's burger was dry and tasteless, and her other son's chicken pot pie looked like heavy chicken soup poured over a thick piece of bread. It was very cold where we sat by the front windows. Also, once served we were hard pressed to get the waitperson to attend to us again. I didn't want to be fawned over, but we sat for long periods of time between courses, even though the place was mostly empty. The one bright light to this otherwise dismal experience was that the desserts were FANTASTIC!!! We had a choice of 4 (very limited menu), and we got three of them to share.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jimed756
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I was excited to try this restaurant, as I've had good experiences with the Niche Restaurant Group before. The restaurant has a really great atmosphere and fantastic drink list! But the food was pretty poor. I ordered the burger; my husband ordered the meatloaf. For $12, I was expecting more than a generic bun, flavorless beef patty , and run of the mill frozen fries. The meatloaf was also underwhelming. In short, the food did not at all live up to the atmosphere or the prices.

Visited October 2013
Little Rock
“Good find while traveling across Mass on Hwy 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were traveling across the state on Highway 2 and were beginning to think we would never find a place to eat. With some help from Yelp, we located Rye and Thyme and detoured into Leominster to have a bite. We had a delicious dinner - the salmon, a burger and a wedge salad. I really enjoyed the craft beer since I wasn't driving! I enjoyed the staff and the ambience and wished we could have stayed longer and had a few more beers. But needed to get back on the road but were very happy with our find.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful night on the patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

A friend and I were out for a quick dinner. The beer selection was welcomed on a hot summer night. We started with salads which are a little too large as a starter, wish they offered a smaller version. We both ordered the pizza, hers was chicken and I had the lobster special. Both were delicious, the crust was very light and crisp. I have been here numerous times and I have never been disappointed.

• Visited July 2013