“Not Great”

Don's Diner
Ranked #39 of 139 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Visited Don's based on the few TA reviews and was really disappointed. I love diners and little local "dives" with good food. This was a dive with terrible food. The service was excellent as the place was empty (Thursday morning at 8 am) except for 3-4 older guy regulars there for coffee and gossip. I ordered a western omelet with rye toast. The woman who cooked the omelet put the eggs, then everything else in the bowl and mixed it all up before going to the grill. The onions and peppers were soggy, and greyish going into the egg mixture and from the taste I'm guessing they were pre-cooked and had some pickling or something on them so they would last a long time. The ham was spongy and not great. It made for an awful omelet and the rye toast was soggy and undercooked. The coffee wasn't great either and tasted a little stale although it was recently made. Overall, the place wasn't the cleanest I've ever been to in terms of diners as well. I paid $10.00 for a cup of coffee and the omelet with just toast so it wasn't expensive, but not dirt cheap either. Overall, not something I would recommend.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

My hubby and I go here for fish n' chips many Friday evenings. The haddock is fresh and really really good. The fries are home made and delicious. The waitress is wonderful and pours our drinks when she sees us coming and remembers what we order. For instance my husband likes plain mayo with his fish instead of tarter sauce. Don is very friendly too. We always feel right at home. The place is immaculate too!!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Have been to Don's diner several times for breakfast. Great food for your money and also plenty of food. The only thing my brother would like to see on their menu is Eggs Benedict....I love the Banana Pancakes!!

1  Thank buel1950
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Don's Diner is a friendly hometown diner with delicious food! Mary is a great and really friendly cook and Don is a wonderful, sweet guy and also a great cook. Try Mary's cinnamon french toast and the omelettes are great too. Don cooks Friday dinners and the Fish sandwich and clam strips are delicious!

1  Thank cgabriel4
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is a nice little diner where you can get a great breakfast at a good price. Many locals will be at the tables but you will be treated well even on your first visit. We have only been here for breakfast but it has always been good and served quickly with decent coffee. The corned beef hash is very good and the pancakes are served hot, fresh, and huge. My only complaint as with most places is that they do not serve real maple syrup. The posted lunch menu always looks interesting and changes daily. One of these days we will be in the area and try it but I would recommend on the strength of the breakfast. Nice counter for singles and doubles, too.

3  Thank BarleyOne