“Pho and Quail”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I traveled two hours to meet my brother here for lunch on the basis of good reviews. It was a delight to find very good Vietnamese food in the middle of Massachusetts. The restaurant is in a little strip mall with about twelve tables and very clean. It was half full when I arrived at 11:45 and completely full by noon. The waitress was very friendly and made helpful suggestions about things we might like to eat. I knew I wanted pho, and I was not disappointed. The broth could have had a little deeper beef flavor, but it was beautifully seasoned, and I liked it more and more as I was eating it. The beef was flavorful and tender, and there was plenty of basil to throw in. My brother began with crispy eggplant, recommended by our waitress. It was fantastic--little fried cubes of eggplant bursting with subtle flavors. I wish i had ordered it too. But there was more to eat. My brother had vermicelli with egg rolls on top and a wonderful sauce for dipping and pouring into the noodles. The cylindrical egg rolls were crisp but the filling--pork, I think--was only fair; the sauce saved them. Being adventurous, I had barbecued quail, eight crisp quail halves coated with a delicious sauce. It was messy eating, but a real pleasure. The restaurant serves beer and wine, including Vietnamese beer The lemonade and iced espresso are a little pricey, but otherwise the prices are very reasonable. I don't know if I'll ever get back to Leominster, but if I do, I'll certainly eat here again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This small and unpretentious restaurant is one of my favorite local spots. We generally eat there at least once per month,and find the food quality and value to be most worthwhile. You always leave satisfied and happily content after enjoying a meal at Taste of Vietnam. I recently enjoyed a Vietnamese dinner at the #1 rated restaurant in Ithaca NY and it was great. However,this local Vietnam restaurant is equally as good. Do yourself a favor and enjoy a "Taste".

1  Thank dickandjane71
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Their food is really great...I drive out of my way to get takeout from there. Everything is so flavorful and the staff is very friendly. I especially like that it's not heavy and greasy- awesome all the way around.

1  Thank PaperLimes
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Do not think twice or judge the outside of this restaurant because it's in a strip mall. Absolutely best meal I have had in a very long time. Everything is so fresh and you can taste the care and attention given to each detail. Everything is made from scratch here by a family that truly cares. Do not miss the won ton soup... It will blow you away!

I can't wait to go back here again ASAP ! Know I finally understand why my friends in area kept bragging about it and keep going back. I love this place !!!

2  Thank caribbeanfruit
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The seating area is small, clean and the tables turn over quickly. The food is fresh, the service is excellent. The owners know their clients and make everyone feel welcomed ant home.

1  Thank Cynthia M