“Still excellent even if not in Maine or New Hampshire”
Review of Weathervane Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Weathervane Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Longmeadow, MA
“Still excellent even if not in Maine or New Hampshire”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family and I have enjoyed the fantastically fried seafood and lobster at Weathervane in Kittery, ME to and from trips to Ogunquit for many years, but we never had occasion to try them in any of their other locations. We recently paid a visit to the excellent Museum of Russian Icons in Clinton, MA, and searching for a lunch spot, learned that a Weathervane was nearby, so gave it a shot. Although there were very few in the restaurant on a Saturday when the Kittery version would have had lines waiting for a table, we ordered our usual favorites of clam chowder, fish chowder, fish and chips, and fantail shrimp: lo and behold, the same expert frying leaving the fish crisp, non-greasy, and perfectly cooked that we always experienced in Kittery was to be had here as well. Hallelujah! Oh how I wish there was a Weathervane somewhere in Western Massachusetts near home, but then, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else around here trying to offer fish that can't compare.

• Visited August 2013

MA
“Lobster, lobster, lobster and more lobster”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I'm giving this restaurant 5 stars because it is the one place I can always go to and get an affordable lobster (or TAKE NOTE if you go on Thursdays, they have a twin lobster meal deal that is awesome which alone is worth the trip). The food here is standard New England seafood fare (think fried clams, steamers, fish and chips, lobster, chowder etc). Its all good and I've never been disappointed. The restaurant is not a fancy place but that is something I really appreciate. I don't want to pay for linen table clothes and fancy candles, I want a cheap and delicious lobster meal and that is what you get. I've been going to this restaurant for probably 20+ years and it still looks the same inside so this should kind of give you an idea of what to expect. Two extra tips other than the Thursday twin lobster special- 1) Get the Claw Card and start racking up meal points (I just love the concept of eating lots of food in order to qualify for free food) 2) For a delicious dessert, get a chocolate frappe (its listed on the regular menu, not on the wine and dessert menu at the tables). They make a mean frappe.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank trisarahtopss
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Good seafood”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I always enjoy my trips to the weathervane. The food is good quality and the prices are reasonable. Been going there for many years.

• Visited July 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Come here on every trip”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We can't get seafood like we can in MA. so we have to make a stop somewhere for steamers while we're in town. Weathervane, while its just ok, is convenient for the people we visit, so it's great for us and you really can't screw up steamers as long as they're fresh.

• Visited May 2013
Shirley, Massachusetts, United States
“Seafood Galore!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Never actually eaten here but bought many gift certificates over the years...They are known for their seafood entrees...and well liked with the locals!