“Decent Stay...Waiting for Results of Remodel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Leominster
Ft. Collins, United States
“Decent Stay...Waiting for Results of Remodel”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is showing its age with drooping ceiling tiles, chipped doorways and elevator buttons that don't light, but it is being remodeled. The fitness center was tiny and ill-equipped, so hopefully this will be significantly upgraded. The hotel room was nice with a living area separate from the bedroom and both had large TVs. With some modernization, this could be a nice hotel.

1 Thank Joseph V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
West Islip, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Located near shopping, restaurants and the highway and it's very CLEAN. I recommend this Hotel if your in the area. Good value for the $$$. They greet you with a smile and a cookie! The rooms a large and clean.

Weirton, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice place. Even though they were going through renovations everything was still clean orderly and quiet. Even though it was a bit brisk out they still had an out door area for me to have a beer and a cigar. I normally try to avoid this part of the country, but if I have to travel there again I will most definitely stay there.

Centerville, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel. Each time on business. The first time everything was fine but the subsequent stays were not as good. Once the hot tub was down and this last time the pool was not working and two of the three elevators were out of order. This is a little unexceptable to me.

Uxbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here on business travel while participating in training at Fitchburg State University. There are renovations ongoing, which was not apparent at all to me during my stay. The nightly rate was rather expensive, but I think it might have been because I booked so late. The room was everything I would expect from a Hilton-branded hotel. There was even the faint scent of something nice in the room, although I am not sure where it was coming from. Free wi-fi in the room, which is why I keep coming back to Hilton. My stays with Hilton are usually for business, so having the internet and not having to pay extra for it is a bonus. Breakfast was included with my rate, which was great, although the service was mediocre. The room I had, although being close to the elevator, was extraordinarily quiet - I usually sleep with ear plugs, even at home, but I didn't have to bother with that during this stay.

The warm cookie at check-in was really nice and I think that I noticed a security guard while I was there - good thing to have in Leominster.

The exterior of the hotel is dated and rather boring and were it not for the breakfast service I encountered, I would give this location 5 stars. In fact, 4 stars is not quite enough for the actual rating - 4.5 stars would be more appropriate

Room Tip: There aren't any rooms that have access to side exits, so you'll have to park where you can...
plano, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Excellent experience.. great staff .. The quality of the dinner food was very good. Breakfast was a major plus, the selection was perfect. Greeted at the Front desk with a warm cookie, wow, very tasty

Boulder
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel when it was a Sheraton. I returned in the fall of 2013 and enjoyed my stay just as much under the new company (Double Tree) management. Everything was very clean and comfortable. I found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the work out facilities as well. One of the things I enjoy is that it is a top notch hotel in an area where there are not many top notch choices. Why take a chance. I'm a woman traveling alone and want to feel secure in my hotel and enjoy the hotel amenities. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Colonial Hotel
Colonial Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gardner
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster? Share your experiences!