“Great Rates and Friendly Staff”

Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Leominster
puertoboy
“Great Rates and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Well i was there last month for a business meeting with my clients and also customers. And i had stayed at this super 8 years ago, and what i had noticed was that the front lobby was all remodeled and there was also new carpeting in the rooms. But what i really liked and enjoyed was that there staff was so friendly and so help full with my say. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We were traveling to the area for the US Youth National Soccer games. This hotel was a nightmare!! We were scheduled to stay here along with many other families. After looking at the lobby I was very skeptical. We checked in anyway and went to our first room. It smelled like cat urine and had bugs in it. It was gross!!! They put us in another room where the shower looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in months, the carpet was filthy and it had an odd odor as well. We pulled back the sheets on the bed, they had a top sheet covering the mattress and the other top sheet was ripped up and just gross. I wouldn't ask my cat to stay in that filth! The hallways were dirty, there were gross looking things on a bench meant to sit on. It was the nastiest place I have ever seen. Needless to say, we did not stay in the armpit of Leominster and neither did any of the other families we were traveling with. Unless they bulldoze and rebuild, don't go there!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank SoccerMom0914

Travellers are raving about these Leominster hotels

long island, ny
Reviewed 12 July 2009

we recently stayed here for the veterans cup soccer tourney. rooms were selected by one of our group in an attempt to provide out of state travelers with clean and economic accommodations. while i appreciate a good value.....low price should not equate with cleanliness. if this hotel chain cares anything about their reputation they need to give their housekeeping staff some lessons in ACTUAL cleaning. my room was filthy. first off it smelled of strong cigarette odor, a smell that never left it!!. apparently this was not always a smoke free room. i immediately contacted the front desk to have it noted that it wasn't us smoking in the room! there were two hand towels, one bath towel and one facecloth in our room. the few towels we did have came complete with someones long dark curly hair (no doubt our housekeeping worker, as others in our group were also gifted with his or her hair on their towels!!!) when i called to the desk to request more towels i was told to come down and get them. there has obviously never been much of an attempt to clean behind doors, around and under furniture or inside of AC (which was sooooo gross!) there were raisins on the floor when we came in....not ours!!!! the shower curtain in my room was slimy, pink and mildewed at the bottom. the floor of my shower was horribly stained. the shower walls still had hair from the last occupants. the bed felt more like a box spring rather than a mattress. the sheets had holes and the blanket had some very questionable stains. obviously they do not wash the blankets. don't even get me started on the pillows. there were 4 on the bed but only two had pillowcases on them. everything had a sticky grime to it. the rug was filthy. i never once walked around in my bare feet. i feel, if a hotel offers ammenities then they should provide them. the smallest of highlights was the free continental breakfast and coffee. one of the 2 coffee machines was broken the day we arrived. while the other was still working. on the 2nd to the last day of our stay (we had booked for 5 nights) the remaining working coffee machine was out of order. only decaf coffee was provided in our room so we had to go out. we checked out a day early. next year when the veterans cup returns to massachusetts our very large contingent of soccer players will seek other accomodations. inexpensive should not mean filthy but , sadly, in this case it does. i would never stay here again nor would i urge anyone else to. i have NEVER left after a hotel stay without leaving something for the housekeeping staff....but this time i did....the staff did not deserve it. wise up SUPER 8....in this economy you should be doing everything you can to keep your rooms booked. CLEAN THEM!!!!!!!! SHEEEESH!

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank lovesunrise
upatel3550, General Manager at Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area, responded to this review, 27 August 2009
I am sorry this happened during your stay. But we never received any complaints, nor any problems were reported regarding any of these issues of which you are mentioning. We would have been more than glad to take care of any issues you might be having while you are staying at the hotel. We have more than enough towels in every room to accommodate 2 to 3 people depending on room type. If you need extras we are more than happy to provide them. I am really sorry this happened but i will make sure it never happens again.
N.Y.C.
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We checked in on Sat. night and they had lost the reservation and said that they were almost booked and would try to accommodate us, the room they gave us was very very dirty with nasty stains on the chair at the desk, and when I pulled the top sheet back on 1 of the beds there was a huge brown stain on the box spring, we went out to get a bite to eat and talked about wether we could stay there, since we had my friends dog with us we couldn't find a hotel nearby that allowed pets, we very reluctantly decided to return and asked for a different room, while the other was not quite as bad it was still very dirty we had no choice but to bite the bullet and spent the night, the 2 highlites of the 2nd room were a fist hole on the bathroom door and filthy stains on extra pillows in the drawers, at least put a pillow case on it to try and hide it ????
Needless to say I was very dissapointed, I have stayed here 2 other times and have never found it in this condition, the floors were so filthy we wouldn't let the dog sleep on it,
I paid 100.00 for this room and it as by far the worst hotel experience ever.......

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank jprnyc
Woodmere
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Manager or Owner:

I stayed at the Leominster Super 8 on Friday and Sat, May 22 & 23.
I left a comment card at the desk as I was leaving, the tall blonde housekeeper, who had been the housekeeper in my room on Sat am, read the card in my presence and discarded it.

I want to bring the following to your attention.

I can understand that the linens are worn, torn and have cigarette holes. As were the drapes, spreads and carpets.
However, even worn things can be kept clean.
The towels were dingy yellow and stained. I would not use them on my face.
The carpet in my room had not been vacuumed prior to my arrival as evidenced by the cigarette ashes on the floor in front of the bedside table and the clipped finger or toenails that were on the carpet.
The tub was obviously dirty with a soap scum ring and a wad of hair on the back wall.
When water splashed on the top of the shower enclosure, a black, muddy drip ran down the wall.
I could and did write my name in the dust on top of the coffee maker and the window ledge and tv top.
One of the beds was not remade on Saturday - someone forgot to finish maybe?
I was there for 2 days and never saw or heard a vacuum in the room or halls.
I have stayed at many Ramada properties and never one with as poor housekeeping.
I regret not paying attention to the adverse reviews on the Internet - I thought the reviewers had to be exaggerating; sadly this was not the case.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelFreqntly
Geel
Reviewed 23 September 2008

It is a super 8 motel. So, price/value ok but too noisy 24h/day because of the highway and freeways surrounding the place.
Clean but small room. Breakfast doesn't mean a thing but restaurant next to the motel is a pleasant alternative.

• Liked — Room and employees
  • Disliked — traffic surrounding the place and breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 October 2007

I stayed here one night while passing through from Boston to Albany. It was better than expected for a 1-star hotel. Check-in was friendly
and I felt safe. The room was large, well-appointed, and comfortable.
I slept well.

There is a Friendly's restaurant nearby. It's probably a better choice for breakfast, since the hotel breakfast options were quite meager. But the hotel breakfast was of decent quality if not selection, so I did eat at the hotel before setting out for the day.

• Liked — Better than expected, quite alright.
  • Disliked — Meager breakfast selections. Incense odor in hallways.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tooluser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Colonial Hotel
Colonial Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gardner
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
The International
The International
#1 of 1 in Bolton

Been to Days Inn Leominster/Fitchburg Area? Share your experiences!