“Didn't spend the night!!!”
Review of Aloft Lexington

Aloft Lexington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
“Didn't spend the night!!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I should have paid close attention to the reviews that were posted py previous travelers to the Aloft Lexington. The location appears to be far from everything, even though that wasn't good I still was okay with staying. I checked in and the desk clerk ak me for my card and name...she charges the card before she gives an amount they dont have anything printed for you to sign to agree to the rate...and they put an additional hold on the card for incidentals. So I get past that and go to the room and the size and layout was definitely not what I expected. The previous reviews describe the foom perfectly its made awkward and the bed was extremely hard. I was able to check out and be refunded. I was truly disappointed as I was expecting so much more and didnt want to change hotels after a long drive.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Lexington, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear onley1010,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Lexington.  We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations this time around.  At Aloft our style is modern with lofted rooms and an open layout.  Starwood is proud to offer nine distinct lifestyle brands and we hope that you continue to experience our brands on your future trips.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here while visiting friends in the area. My wife and I usually stay in the city but we went up with friends that have kids and were trying to save money. For the price it was a clean comfortable hotel. The lobby has a bar and pool table with a lounge which was no big deal the first night. We got home from downtown the second night to a full scale bar mitzvah in the lobby. We literally walked into the middle of a bunch of screaming Tweens, a dj and a photo booth. Very odd. The front desk offered to change our room if we heard any noise, which we didn't. Our friends were right over the party and couldn't get to sleep. On a future trip to the area we will spend he extra 40$ a night and stay in the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PeterSNJ
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 March 2014

So my husband and I are 27yo, and we stayed here this past Saturday night. We arrived late, and the girl covering the front desk was nice to recommend some local places to eat. It’s close to the highway and easily within 10 minutes of quite a few options. The pool is rather small but thankfully open later than most hotels. The hotel and room is very modern, which we both appreciate the simplicity (our house is decorated with a good amount from Ikea). No drawers, which is fine considering we were only there for a night, but there is a small closet offered and a few hangers. Our tv clicker didn't work consistently, sometimes the tv picture never came on and just the sound, or the buttons had to be pressed really hard so we just gave up on it. The ac unit is loud enough to wake you up. Coffee, small fridge and safe is a definitely a plus. But the bed is uncomfortably hard and we both woke up with backaches, and that’s when we could sleep considering after midnight there were females shouting up and down the hallways, most likely drunk considering the conversations taking place. The walls to the hallways must be pretty thin considering you could hear everything, and since after 15minutes the shouting didn’t stop and they weren’t just going to go to their individual rooms we had to call security. We did hear another visitor during that time open her door and ask them to please be respectful of people sleeping but the group just got louder and started slamming doors, etc. Thankfully, security arrived within 5minutes and broke up all that was going on and seemed to linger around, too. We were on the 4th floor facing to the parking lot and the view speaks for itself, but the curtain panel in the room didn’t work that well since sunlight comes in along the edges pretty easily and there is no easy way to sleep in. Check out is thankfully later than most places (noon). So during check out the guy asks how our stay was and we responded that “it was okay”. He asked why and if anything they could have done and we informed him it wasn’t so much about the hotel but more about the late night rowdiness and maybe thin doors/walls. His response to that was along the lines of “oh that sucks, but well you remember that we were all young and been those people at some point in our lives”. To me, that basically said two things…I don’t look 27? And that I must have been the drunken rude type before once in awhile? We just walked away and weren’t going to start anything since we were visiting family in the hospital (our purpose of this trip), but I’d like to just say that sure I’ve been drunk, but no I have never been the disrespectful type and been in those footsteps but thanks for making such a statement and how you made the guest feel on the final note.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Georgetown, ME
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I booked this through one of the big discount websites and it was an excellent value. It's ultra modern. The rooms are minimalistic, clean and comfortable. My room had a mini fridge, in room safe, fabulous glass enclosed shower and free wi-fi. Best of all it was very quiet. Gotta love that!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MainelyDad
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Lexington, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear MainelyDad,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our modern decor, comfortable accommodations and quiet location during your recent visit to Lexington. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
Stonington, Maine
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for business, feels like a trendy loft hotel in NY. A lot of concrete floors and glass which makes the reception area/bar quite noisy especially in the evening. No restaurant just bar food (Pizza was good) and small kitchen and self service area for breakfast in the morning. Had cheese and ham omelet for breakfast Looked great but tasted pretty bland. Jen on the reception was polite and friendly. Room was ok and the bed comfortable but don't think I will be staying there again. Pricey for what it is.

Room Tip: Pick a king bed if u can and stay high to avoid noise from the bar.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The pool is wonderful, rooms are very modern, but they are a bit strange. Beds are on the floor (just about) and the bath room door doesn't shut and luck. Toilet and shower are too close and it's weird that they feel like a locker room stall instead of a hotel.
I will say that there was nothing entirely wrong with the staff however they were not the most friendly bunch. Again they did nothing wrong. Just didn't go out of their way to be pleasant.
I would stay there again if needed but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 27 December 2013

You can see from the pictures that the room was fine. Nice view. The bed was firm but smooth and had some nice give to it. The comforter was smooth. Another reviewer is correct, no bureau, but yes, lots of shelf space. The closet was fine and the hangars are the regular kind, so you can use or remove them, not those terrible hotel-only things. The room coffee was actually OK, and the lobby coffee was actually excellent and strong, a surprise. The music loudness level in the lobby has apparently been reduced - I didn't notice it. The whole place was immaculate. My room, facing a woods, was dead silent. The toilet can be closed off with a sliding door. The door to the room itself is very heavy, which must help the soundproofing. The only regret is that they went, IMHO, a little overboard in the lobby décor, which is way worse than the room's décor. Garish colors, one big open space with a crummy looking bar, a pool table (!) and reception, AND, aside from an entry rug, a polished CONCRETE floor. See other reviewers' photos. It is in some ways like walking into a inexpensive fitness club at your local mall. The room price on the day after Christmas was an amazingly low $99. I think rack rate shows at like $285. For $99, a terrific deal. Maybe not so much at $285. I often visit a brother in nearby Wayland. At any reasonable price I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I would say in the back, facing the rest of the building and a huge rock and woods.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank johnH1892DD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Element Lexington
Concord's Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Concord
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
The Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to Aloft Lexington? Share your experiences!