“Sent me to another hotel”
Review of Aloft Lexington

Aloft Lexington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
“Sent me to another hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had booked a room with this company for two days in July. Unfortunately, my flight was cancelled and I couldn't get out there until the next day. I called the hotel and told them I would still need the room for the next day. Instead, they cancelled my reservation and sold off my room. Then they tried to "fix" the problem by sending me to a dive hotel an hour away in a smoking room (I have asthma). They don't even use their computer to enter information from guests, they use a notepad!! Plus, they never sent me a bill; yes, they still charged me for both nights!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jennifer P
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Lexington, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Jennifer P,
We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfying experience with our hotel. Our General Manager would love the opportunity to further discuss your visit and rectify your experience. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact him at MCascella@paramounthotelgroup.com. Again, we are very sorry and hope you will give us another chance to make this experience up to you in the future. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love the look and feel of this hotel. Immediately when you walk into the lobby it feels different and it is very inviting. The room was comfortable and pretty. I love the Bliss brand soap and shower products. The only drawback here is there is no complimentary breakfast.

Green Features: This hotel felt really good and I was happy to see that they are environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Lexington, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear C G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Just as much as you loved our hotel, we loved having you! We look forward to welcoming you back. All the best.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Aloft has a funky, hip kind of feel to it. The rooms are nice enough, although the sliding door for the bathroom seems unnecessary and is kind of clunky.

Reasonably priced, convenient location, but was disappointed that there was no complementary breakfast, especially seeing as though the Element hotel right across the parking lot does offer that. Also, there is a small pool, although for some reason the webpage doesn't seem to indicate that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night here. Hotel was very nice and different from regular hotels. Front lobby as very modern and inviting. Front staff was very nice. We were quoted a high walk in rate, used their wifi to check their own rates online and it was $60 cheaper to book online. Make sure you check before accepting their walk in rate. Front desk recommended a great restaurant a few miles away. (I think it was lemon grass thai food- very good choice) Room was very modern and very nice, I loved it. Beautiful shower. Bed was extremely comfortable, great nights sleep. Big tv in the room. Free wifi and parking. Breakfast station available in the morning but is not included in your stay. They have a salt water pool too but we didn't have the chance to go. Billiard table and bar in the lobby. I highly recommend staying here. I would love to stay here again, we didn't want to leave!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theglassrose
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

They called "sister of W hotel"

I booked this hotel because all hotel in downtown were fully booked.
When I step in hotel there was front desk lady ALISON very nice with big smile on her face. Very nice personality.
Hotel lobby is very nice, fun and colorful and I loved it. Feels like European modern design.
Rooms has interesting set up very different . I have no complaints here everything was excellent!!!!

Definitely will come back here!!!

Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located just off the highway, though you likely won't be walking into town or anywhere to eat. Modern comfortable rooms with all the amenities you'd expect, and some modern perks. Connect your ipad into the tv, use the free wi-if to stream from your net flicks. Pool table and a cool bar in the lobby.
The beds were comfortable, a pool and gym were available, and the staff was friendly. We planned to stay one night as a jumping off point to visit Boston for a few days, but ended up staying on the way back as well. Much better than the other chains, and currently a great value for the price. The car-centric neighbourhood is the only thing preventing 5/5 rating.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hypurv
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Lexington, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Hypurv,
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our great free amenities and fun spaces. Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again very soon. Take care.
Littleton, NH
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's only a matter of time before everyone is talking about these ALOFT hotels. So cutting edge, so sleek, so practical, yet warm, fun but not too much fun, and overall quite well thought out. Every hotel in america seems to be a variation of the same template; not this one. Everything is different. Everything has been proposed a different way...and all of the common problems that exist in most hotels...they're all fixed. Check out time: noon or whenever you want. Alarm clock: unbelievable simple and retro-stylish. Room key: just hover it near the door and it opens. Little hotel shampoos: gone. Breakfast lines: breakfast is ala carte; fast, easy, and good. But best of all...everything you expect, is switched into something unexpected. The lobby is a party with cool music! The hallways are exciting with colors and light. The sinks...they're so cool. Shower...incredibly different. Try it out and you'll see what I mean. It's only a matter of time....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Element Lexington
Concord's Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Concord
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
The Westin Waltham-Boston

Been to Aloft Lexington? Share your experiences!