“Very personal and modern hotel”
Review of Element Lexington

Element Lexington
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in the Element Lexington and it felt like home!
The suites are very nice and modern..not the typical American "frills and flowers" but nice dark floors, a good couch and modern kitchen. The shower was also very nice with a rainshower head and also a small hand shower that you could take out. Very convenient.

The staff is so nice! Especially the 2 guys who take care of breakfast every morning. They are so friendly and always good humored.

If you want to go to Boston you can drive 10 minutes to the Alewife T-station and park your car there for 7 dollars per day. The T takes you into Boston in about 15 to 20 minutes.
All in all the journey typically took us 45 minutes.

I liked the Green approach of the hotel towards the environment. They minimize the amount of water that comes out of the taps.

Breakfast was also great and somthing else than just cereal and danish. They had egg burrito's, smoothie's and lots of fruit and yoghurt. And a nice selection of danish and other sweet delights.
It was the same every day but we thought it was fine

Room Tip: Upper floor would be best since the hotel has wooden floors and people can be heard walking
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank americagirl22
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Element Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear americangirl22,
We really appreciate your feedback, thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you enjoyed your extended stay with us and felt at home at Element. We hope you were also able to experience our Relax evening reception. We hope you'll come back to see us should your travels bring you back to Lexington in the future. Take care!

There are newer reviews for Element Lexington

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent little hotel. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, very eco-friendly.
Hotel is convenient to local points of interest. Easy access from Rt128.
Also the property is dog friendly. Good morning breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We went to a wedding nearby and this was just right - reasonably priced, convenient, clean, and modern. We arrived early (11:30 am) and had to wait until 1:30 for an available room, but the staff called housekeeping to find the first clean room for us. Room was large and roomy, with lovely kitchen area. My one complaint would be the inadequate lighting throughout the room. Bathroom especially needs more/brighter light. Breakfast, included, was very adequate. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stillred51
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The hotel was designed to be trendy and modern but overall it seemed that it was built with high aspirations and then it was forgotten. The parking lot was adequate and clean. The lobby slick and the Front Desk service good. However, felt sorry for the Front Desk agents. It seemed there was only one person on all the time, and there were lines of 4-5 people waiting. Witnessed this about 6 different times, they need to staff better. Found the furniture and the rooms tired. However they were large and overall clean. Loved the bathrooms. Asked for extra towels and got a towel that was fraying. My kids loved the bed, too soft for my taste. The breakfast was adequate and the selection very good. The staff was very attentive. Overall a very nice experience. The hotel was full so they must be doing well. Hope they will spend some money to change the scratched furniture and spruce the place up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Needing a cheap and cheery room for the night, we used Priceline's Express Deal and came up with Element for $94 on a Saturday (their busy days are during the week). I've stayed here before and liked it, so was happy this was available. We are headed to Maine and there isn't anything under $200 in southern Maine on a Saturday in August, so this worked out just fine. Coming through a discount broker doesn't always give you a premium room, but we had no complaints. My teen daughter and I shared a king bed (no queens available and we're both female) and got put in a handicap room with kitchenette. I was happy to see that unlike other handicap rooms I've been in, this one actually looked like it would work for a wheelchair - plenty of moving space and the shower was a roll-in sort (though no built-in shower seat). While we didn't need a handicap accessible room, I have experience maneuvering a wheelchair around, and this room would have been a dream for those days! Linens were crisp cotton, pillows felt fresh and varied in firmness. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Element Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear egwegw,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with our room layout and amenities. We hope you'll come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very pleased with our stay here for a weekend. Convenient location near 128, short drive to Lexington, Concord, or other west of Boston locations.

The hotel was modern, clean and well priced. The lobby and pool / fitness areas were open and inviting. Great for family or business stay

The "Aloft" property is on the same grounds, and has a nice bar area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Skip this hotel, also skip the Aloft across from it, they are run by the same people.

I love the concept of this hotel and the look and style is unique. If I had a room that was safe to move around in and customer service that was better than miserable, I would give this hotel top marks.

I have been jerked around so many times by these people that I feel like a marionette. I tried to book a room last week by calling the hotel. I was told there were no rooms available. I looked on Expedia and found rooms for both nights that I needed, I called the hotel again and told them I found rooms on Expedia, and would prefer to book from the hotel directly. Again, I was told they had no rooms. I booked through Expedia.

When I arrived at the hotel with my three teenaged children, I was told that there were no rooms with two beds, despite the fact that I had booked a room with two queen beds. They put me in a king room with a pull out sofa. I was told that they would move me to a room with two queens as soon as they could. I told them I was going to book a room for the rest of the week, and they promised to give me a bigger room with two beds.

We got to the room and when we pulled the sofa bed out, the room became dangerous. There was no room to move between the bed and the sofa bed, one has to crawl over the bed to get to the other side of the room.

I looked on Expedia and found that I could get a room for the next two nights. I went down to the front desk and told them what I had found on Expedia, and asked if they could match the rate. They said they could give me a rate two dollars higher. I told them to book me for the next two days, and I would be adding an additional four days after that. I asked if I could have the same rate, they said yes. Again, they promised to move me into a larger room with two beds the next day for the duration of my stay.

This evening I asked to be moved to a larger room, and they found one for me. However after looking at it I was told that to get into that room, I would have to pay an additional $125. I said no. When I told them just to move me to a room with 2 queen beds, I was told that they could not get me into a room at all with the rate I had been promised. I was told that the person who had promised me that rate was new, and basically to pound sand.

I will spare you the details, but this nonsense went on for an hour. I was told:
~there were no rooms,
~to book on Expedia,
~that they could not give me the same rate,
~that they could not give me a room with two beds.

Ultimately I booked the same room I was in for the duration I wanted, for an additional $30 over what I had been promised.

Here is the icing on the cake, I am disabled, I have difficulty getting around int his room since the room is so small and the beds butt up against each other. I can only move around in the kitchen portion of the room, since the rest of the room is one giant bed as the two beds butt up against each other. The manager basically does not care to do anything about this situation. I told her that I was very unhappy and would be writing a negative review based on my experience. She said, foolishly, "I can't give you the rate you paid from a third party booking place." AARGH!!! Foolish and difficult. She apparently does not understand the situation at all, despite having jerked me around for more than an hour. Give me a room with two beds where we have use of the entire room at the rate I was promised. That was all I asked.

I am more than disappointed and want to warn each and every one of you against staying at this hotel. Their customer service stinks, they don't care, will ignore you and tell you to book through Expedia, yet if you do, they treat you as though you are stupid.

I am staying at this hotel through August 3rd. Management, if you want to rectify this situation--and I believe you should--you can reach me in room 358.

Room Tip: Don't expect any kind of customer service, you won't get it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sherry B
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Element Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Sherry B,
Thank you for writing an online review. We're sorry for the confusion you experienced as you tried to book a stay with us. We tried reaching out to you last Friday while you were still on property and we did not hear back from you. If you would like to discuss this further please email the General Manager, Michael, at mscavotto@paramounthotelgroup.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Aloft Lexington
Concord's Colonial Inn
#3 of 3 in Concord
Best Western at Historic Concord
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Concord

Been to Element Lexington? Share your experiences!