“Not my Valentine”
Review of Lexx

Lexx
Reserve with OpenTable
Lexx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$15 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grant Street
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We dined last night for Valentine's Day - the crowd was good but not crazy. No one was waiting by the hostess stand to be seated. I had made a reservation and we were promptly brought to our table. We were promptly served by a polite but awkward gentleman who was well intended but seemed inexperienced despite his age. He went over the specials and we ordered cocktails, which were decent but not wonderful.
The menu has a lot of choices - perhaps too many - so variety is good. We both tried the Soup of the Day - Lobster Bisque - and it was less creamy and rich than we would expect, and tasted very much like only the bodies of the lobster were used in the preparation. The seasoning was off, and it was not horrible but not particularly good. The restaurant has a great reputation around town so we expected more.
For entrees, I tried a "house specialty" jambalaya which was strongly seasoned, had plenty of chicken, tasty shrimp and sausage, but the vegetable/rice mixture was rather starchy and thick. I ate about 2/3rds of the portion and left the rest. My wife had the mixed green salad with Grilled Salmon - she enjoyed the salad - the Salmon was a bit dry and tasted like it had no real rub or seasoning put on prior to grilling.
We skipped dessert and settled up and moved on.
All-in-all, it wasn't a bad meal but it wasn't one that inspires us to go back and try other menu items on another night.

There are newer reviews for Lexx

Reviewed 1 February 2014

On a recent business trip to the area, my work colleague took me here for dinner. In upper scale Lexington, and right in the heart of the town center, we had an enjoyable meal in a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. The menue offered a wide selection and I enjoyed the Moroccan Vegetable dish - seasoned just right - and a nice glass of Malbec. My colleague had been here before as the staff greeted him warmly and new where he preferred to sit. Plenty of room, not too crowded or loud for a mid-week dining. Definitely recommend. Parking is right next door or even in the street.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The restaurant is the best, right in the heart of Historic Lexington Center.
The owner is very attentive to his customers and the waitstaff and
hostess are also gracious and welcoming.
The beet salad is one of my all time favorites and they seem to change it up
often, but still my favorite.
The Osso Bucco is a great signature dish, delicious and consistently well prepared.
The fish taco is also a great choice. Dessert never fails to be a highlight. It's a relaxing restaurant in a great location.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a good small, quiet bar/restaurant in the Lexington Town center. They have some eclectic dishes. The window seats are nice in the summer. Its a nice quiet place to go to in a rush. They will take reservations but one always finds a place

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Scallops, bread pudding, lentil soup (really!? Lentil soup? You should be able to let that simmer 24 hours without burning... how do you burn lentil soup?) all burnt and not edible. The chef even came out to apologize for the lentil soup before we complained, but sent out burnt replacements so the apology seemed pointless.

Unfortunately, didn't read any reviews before eating here, but everything was so bad I was compelled to leave one after. If you read some of the other reviews you can see that they have been sending burnt food out to customers since 2011... seriously? I have no idea how this place is still in business.

NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: If your chef burns the food the wait staff should notice the food is not adequate for customers and send it back to the kitchen BEFORE it reaches your customers. Two years later and you are still making the same mistakes?

1  Thank YogaDesires

Been to Lexx? Share your experiences!