“Always reliable!”
Review of Lexx

Lexx
Reserve with OpenTable
Lexx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$15 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grant Street
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lexx is my favorite spot in the Lexington area for a combo spot of fine dining or a quick dinner at the bar. Good food, good service. Convenient location.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Lexx is one of the best restaurants in Lexington, although sadly there aren't many options. The rent keeps many restaurants at bay, quite a few excellent ones 10 minutes away in Arlington. Lexx is our go-to place in town for business lunches and nice-but-casual dinners. The food is consistently good, and the service is quite professional (often friendly; sometimes not, but always prompt and helpful). The menu is big enough, and the chef is accommodating to special requests. Prices are right for a nice lunch or dinner. My one complaint is that the bare wood tables are often sticky! The place seems clean, however the finish on the tables (combined with the cleaner they use?) makes the table tops tacky. I think it detracts from an otherwise nice experience, so -1 star.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was seated at a table quickly and immediately noticed that the entire surface of the table was covered in sticky dirt. My hands stuck to it, the menu thrown in front of me stuck to it. When eventually the waitress came back to take my drink order, I asked if the table could be wiped clean first. She went away, came back with a wet cloth, superficially wiped the table, took my drink order and left.

The table looked exactly the same to me, so I attempted to touch it again, and sure enough, the surface was still sticky and dirty.

To make an example, I took my table napkin and wiped off a corner of the table. Black dirt covered the napkin and the corner I wiped (with actual pressure) was a visibly different shade than the rest of the table. At that point, I asked to speak with a manager.

After being ignored for five minutes, I got up once again and asked to speak to a manager. Soon after that the owner "Chris" came over and I explained to him that the table was unsanitary, covered in thick, sticky, dirt.

Without apologizing in the slightest, or offering to actually clean the table, he offered to reseat me (as if this was all my imagination)! When I stood up and noticed how dirty the floor and carpet of this $$$ restaurant were, I mentioned this also to "Chris". At this point, he said he was going to have to ask me to leave.

I guess "Chris" doesn't like having it pointed to him that his restaurant is disgustingly dirty. Rather than apologizing and remedying the problem, he prefers to sweep it under the rug, or, I guess in his case it ends up, over the rug!

If you value cleanliness in your dining experience. Don't even think about going to Lexx as long as "Chris" is the owner. I went down the street to the 1806 Avenue Deli where I received friendly service, a clean environment, and a great Reuben sandwich!

4  Thank OneFussyGuy
Chris B, Owner at Lexx, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear Guest,

I wanted to give it some time before I decided to responded to your review. I do agree that the table you sat at was sticky, but actually not from dirt nor cleanliness, rather the finish on the tables after ten years of service was failing. During your visit, we were in the process of refinishing all of our tables, unfortunately we could only do 3-5 at a time leaving some of the older less desirable tables behind and in service. Since then the majority of the table have all been refinished and no longer are sticky (even on the most humid of days as was the day you visited). In regards to the floor, prior to you being seated there was a table with 2 small children who continued to have food fight throughout their dining experience at the table (bless their little souls) and the floor sweeper we use was not able to get all of the debris up at that time without disturbing other guests. I certainly apologize for asking you to leave, but it seemed that you were extremely agitated and I felt at the time it was best not for us to serve you. I welcome all feedback and I wish you well.

Christopher Bateman
General Manager - Partner

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great menu, great food,great atmosphere. Did lunch with a friend and then took the family for brunch.The brunch menu has something for everyone. Not one disappointed diner in our group of 15.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The eggs are served up in a hot oven pan. Three eggs and about a half cup of cream immersed in well smoked bacon and smoked salmon. With a load of skillet fried potatoes. On a scale of one to ten, would rate it as a solid six. Kids ate mussels and said they were good. Wife had chocolate stuffed french toast which was not a winner. Calamari was good. Service slow and not attentive, but it was Mother's Day. Place was over warm and under tidy.

1  Thank HPBsr