“Great Mexican dinner place”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Found this place one exit from the hotel we were using in Lexington last week and took the boys here for a late dinner one evening.

The food was great, we did not have to wait forever and the service excellent - we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Will visit again, if we get a chance!

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for the nice review Torben. We hope you can return some day soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We tried this place about 6:30 on a Saturday evening. Not a big crowd, which should have been a clue. We were seated right away and our server, Taylor, arrived quickly and took our drink order. She brought our water, but no extra ice and lemon as I requested, then when she brought it the lemon was TINY, hardly noticeable. We ordered queso.and she left and brought our Sangria. Then she took our entre orders. She brought our queso, hot & bubbly. That was the only good thing about it! It was bland and tasted like canned tomato soup with Velveta cheese. It was so bad we sent it back. The salsa was way too vinegary, but the chips were thin and crispy (not too salty, either). Our entres arrive. I ordered an ala cart enchilada, which was good. The lettuce & tomato garnish must have been cooked along with it because it was cooked and limp...inedible. I also ordered a side of Mexican rice which was awful...hardly any rice and lots of hard cooked peas, carrots and other vegetables. I didn't eat it. Taylor didn't offer to replace it or remove it from our bill. My husband had the Ahi tuna street tacos and they were good, but came alone...no rice, no beans, nothing extra. This was an entre and should have included the sides. Taylor was very nice and did ask about dessert (no way!). We were hoping for a good meal, but we were mostly disappointed. I can't recommend this place.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your latest visit to our Lexington location. I am truly sorry your experience was sub-par to say the least. We pride ourselves on great beverages and great food dishes like the Tuna Street Tacos, that our guests love. We try to take from traditional Mexican dishes and put our Margaritas touch on them. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and never have issues with personal requests. We will use your feedback to coach our staff in proper procedures. Again thank you for your feedback, and we hope this does not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here about once a month or so, mostly because it's close by and serves food late. The Margaritas are reliably yummy. Cleanliness is reliably sub-par; there are always neglected crumbs and other food bits left on the tables and/or chairs and benches, so I work hard not to try to imagine what things look like back in the kitchen. Servers are reliably friendly. The place is reliably busy in the early evenings, and you can count on a long wait for a table from around 6:30-8pm on weekends.

Last night was not Margaritas's best offering. It was not busy when we arrived. Our server was friendly but seemed new. My Margarita must have spilled on the way from the bar because the glass was not full when it arrived at our table, and with a glass of that shape, a few millimeters off the top means a significant reduction in volume. Engineer husband also observed that forbboth of our drinks the ice:drink ratio was much higher than in the past. My drink also had a foreign body floating in it, but since it didn't seem to be food matter or body detritus, I fished it out and tried to ignore it the way I do the crumbs on the benches. Then the entree they brought was not what I had ordered, so I had to watch the husband eat while I waited for the thing I had ordered. Our tip would have been larger if there had been an offer of compensation for the mistake, such as taking the entree off the bill, offering another drink or a dessert on the house, etc. Heck, even bring me a coupon or gift card so I have to come back in order to benefit--as others have said, there is not much competition in Bedford/Lexington for late-evening food service, and despite my love-hate relationship with this place, until there is a better option, I'm sure I'll be back.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience at our Lexington location has been so inconsistent. As far as your last visit, if you ever feel the quality of your food or beverage is not up to par, please don't hesitate to ask for a manager. My team would be more then happy to cater to any specific needs. Of course the entree you never ordered should not have been put on your check. We will follow up with our staff on proper procedures and to ensure this does not happen again. We hope to improve on your experience the next time you are in. Please feel free to reach out the the General Manager, Greg Yeager on your return visit. He would love to meet you and love to show you a true Margaritas experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Shopping in the area & decided to try. Margarita's, we where seated within 5 min, our waitress was training a new girl, being our first time. They came back twice before we decided what to order,I ordered the Tues special of all you c.eat. Tacos for 7.99 , 2 chic 1 beef, lime margarita, my husband had the beef fajitas, all where great, decor. Was nice, will try again at this or other location in Waltham

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for the review and we are happy you enjoyed. Hope you can come visit us again soon,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I ate at Margaritas on June 10, 2014. I can honestly say that it was absolutely, positively, without a doubt, the WORST MEXICAN FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN. To even refer to the gruel that they serve as Mexican food is an insult to, well, real Mexican food. I love Mexican Food. I am 42 years old and I have eaten Mexican Food all over the U.S. and Mexico. This was a grotesque representation of Mexican food. There was nothing redeeming about the dining experience.

We arrived at 8:30 and were seated promptly. That's where the positive comments end. Our waiter took our drink order and it took almost 10 minutes to get my unsweetened Iced tea. I asked for lemon and was given a pinto bean sized lemon wedge. I asked for artificial sweetener and I had to wait a few more minutes for a few packets of splenda that my waiter just tossed on our table as he walked by. It was the worst Iced Tea I have ever tasted. It honestly tasted like cleaning fluid and pine oil. That should have been a tip off.

We ordered some atrocity called the "Cowabunga Nachos. I guess Cowabunga is Mexican for "seven pounds of lettuce, not much meat, and cheese that tastes like feet." I had never seen SO MUCH FREAKING LETTUCE on a pate of nachos. Of course, the amateur that plated the nachos put the lettuce on sopping wet so the nachos were wet, the chips were wet and soggy. We took a few bites and asked them to take the nachos away.

My wife ordered the carnitas tacos, my son ordered a hamburger and I ordered the all-you-can-eat tacos. We waited over 40 minutes for our entrees to arrive. FORTY MINUTES in a restaurant that was only filled to about 25% capacity. My wife was told she would get rice and refried beans with her tacos but that was a lie. No rice and beans. The meat was also burned like incinerated shoe leather. My son had a burned, dry burger. My tacos came with ice cold refried beans and nasty taking meat. We all took a few bites of our food and just asked for the check and left.

Stay away folks, you have been WARNED!

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Frank:
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize that the food quality and service were not up to the standards you are used to in other Mexican Concepts. Here at Margaritas we pride ourselves on great food and delicious drinks. Although we are a Mexican concept, we provide our guests with great flavors and new spins on old traditions. Margaritas takes flavors from all over Mexico and combines them into new exciting dishes we think our guests will love as much as we do. We develop tastes with the freshest ingredients and a passion for food. We are sorry that your last experience did not have all of these qualities. I can assure you this is not typical in our restaurants and we hope it does not deter you from experiencing Margaritas in a positive and fun way. Again, we appreciate your feedback and will use it to further improve on quality and execution.

Greg Yeager