“Nice Irish Pub”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
South Carolina
“Nice Irish Pub”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very nice Irish Pub just outside the gate of Hanscom AFB near Boston. I was staying at Hanscom AFB for a week in Dec 2013 and went to this restaurant twice during my stay. The food was quite good a came out rather quickly. Good selection of beer as well. It was so crowded and noisy on Thursday night that I thought it was a company party. Most were just drinking around the bar. Waitress said it was just the usual crowd for a Thursday night. Didn't seem to slow the service we received. I will return to this restaurant when I am in the area.

• Visited December 2013

Boston, MA
“3.5 out of 5”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We had a decent meal here on a fairly busy Saturday night. No reservations, but we were seated in less than 10 minutes. Our drink order was taken and delivered reasonably quickly. Our food order took much longer to get to the table, both starters and entrees. What we had was above average - fish and chips, black and blue burger, bangers and mash, waxy's burger. We had onion rings, wings, and Irish nachos to begin. A two-man combo was playing right next to us and, while they were enjoyable to listen to, their proximity made any normal conversation impossible. Drink refills came without being asked for, and the server was quite friendly. I would probably return.

Visited December 2013
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Not awful, not great”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I went as part of a group from work, about 20 people. We had reservations and the tables were ready, albeit a bit crowded for a dining room mostly empty. The wait staff greeted us and took food orders. A little gruff. Food was OK. Most of us had soft drinks or tea as this was a work crowd. We got one refill without having to ask. Salad was good (Caesar) and the sandwich was OK. I had chicken-bacon-chaddar. Couldn't taste the cheeese as the onion overpowered everything.

The interior is very nice. The sound is a bit noisy, but it is a pub. Price is a hair on the high side. ($16 for my share, we split the bill for our table. I didn't see anyone eating filet mignon.)

• Visited September 2013
Boston
“Soooo disappointing. Terrible service and food. Never going back.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This place has changed hands so may times and so I tried the most recent incantation, twice thinking the first time was an anomaly but sadly, it wasn't. It was terrible both times. The servers were downright rude! Like you were doing them a favor, couldn't be bothered, worried they might spit on your food type of attitudes. It was quite remarkable actually. The new management is clearly not doing their job.
Also, the clientele has degraded quite a bit. I'm not a snob, truly. I love low key, no pressure places, blue collar, white collar, jeans/sneakers, whatever. The difference was "sleaze". This was a sleazy crowd of low tech people. The clientele was a direct compliment to the servers- so I guess most people are quite pleased with everything who go there regularly.
If you're looking for a nice meal, pleasant service, "clean" neighbors, do NOT go here!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank HollyButtitta
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Decent food and drink at a Convenient location”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

The best thing about Waxys is that you get to it just before you hit the serious traffic on rte 128 northbound or southbound. Everything is strictly average except the help, which is always great ( but overworked). The beer is cold and verges on local but they ignore better local products.

• Visited August 2013