“Nizami biryani -a total mess”
Review of Royal India Bistro

Royal India Bistro
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Burlington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nizami biryani -a total mess”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Was very disappointed when I ate Nizami biryani & chicken Kabab today, no way closer to Biryani. Had lot of hopes after finding good reviews but unfortunately both the dishes wasn't good. My First n last visit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Anshul3113

Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great place for take out. Room is small, but service is good. They also offer delivery. I really enjoy the lamb.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jgeyerhahn
Boston
“Excellent Indian Food with superb and friendly service”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This restaurant is good (but not great). The staff is always friendly and attentive. Lunch is the real bargain here and since it is across the street from the Visitor's Center and close to the Lexington Battle Green, it is the best choice for tourists, especially if there are vegetarians in your group.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LesP_Lexington
LexGSR
“Off night maybe”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We've been several times and been very happy with the food. Our latest visit was good, but not great, and therefore a little disappointing. Maybe it was just an off night. We'll certainly go again... and I hope my review will help them get back on game as we'd hate to lose such a great little place.

Note: it's a small place, often with a line. However, they do a substantial take-out business, which we've used and which I recommend if your timing is going to take you into the rush.

• Visited October 2013
“Based on reviews we gave it a try!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

So the context is, I am of Indian heritage but born and brought up in the UK! I have just moved to the Boston area for work and my parents had come to visit and so we had to take some fellow Indian friends out to dinner and based on reviews picked this place. On weekends, they will not take reservations, so we arrived at 7pm and put out name down for a table. The place is quite small and probably only has around 50 covers. It was very busy and it took around 30 mins to get a table. The food was excellent, full of flavour and the option to pick how hot you wanted it. The chicken chili masala was particularly good and the naan was fresh and soft. They serve alcohol here too so beer can be drunk with your curry. We had kids with us that were hungry so no time to try the starters. Give it a go if you are in the local, and I hope you will like it too!

Visited September 2013