“Will Not Return” 1 of 5 bubbles

Macaron Sweeterie
Boston, MA
“Will Not Return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have been to France a few times and had macarons in my travels. I was very excited to find a place with relatively good reviews that apparently made these. I went with my bridesmaids to pick up a dozen to test out for wedding favors (March 16). We purchased many flavors and almost all since we got one of each but we did get a couple of St. Patrick's Day flavors just to see what they were like.

We let them sit for a bit and over the course of the day into the night finally got through the box. I am so disappointed to write that of the full dozen of them, only 3 were actually the correct consistency. Some were just harder than they should have been and then almost half of them were actually very stale! You could actually see the discoloration of the filling between the outside and inside. Within the stale group we could not bite through a few of them.

Of the 3 that were the right consistency the flavors were good, not fantastic. We could tell the if the flavors were good or not with the others that were stale or just not made correctly given how hard they were.

If this shop was open on Sunday I would have returned with my box of half eaten macarons and demanded my $38 back. Since it was not, I did not bother given it is a not a convenient trip for me to make. It was waste of money and very disappointing, especially given the reviews I have read. I would not buy these for favors since there is no way of knowing if they will be fresh or not.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Incredible delicacies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I just bought a 6 macaron box to bring as a gift, but I got a few extra for my husband and me to share. These are incredibly good. We tried the pistachio and lemon flavors, both excellent. The only problem is that waiting to let them warm up to room temperature it very difficult! I can't wait to try more flavors.

• Visited July 2012
Silicon Valley
“Macarons as good as you can find. Superb gelato.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

A 12 pack of macarons, all very tasty, especially my personal faves: lavender, rose and apricot. I'd skip passionfruit next time. $2 each is pricey, but the quality is top notch. Regretfully, they were out pistachio, but gelato of that flavor saved the day!! My dad claimed his lemon ice/sorbet was best ever. I had to agree.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice to have a Macaron source close to home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stopped in today hoping to get macarons for Christmas. When I walked in there was one woman in front of me and the pickings were slim. She ended up buying 32 macarons which left me almost nothing to choose from. I bought two for myself, the remaining flavors were ones I just don's like, rose, lavender and espresso.

I bought a vanilla and a chocolate coconut. I've already tried the vanilla and I really do like the texture of the macaron. It compares well to some I bought in NY from a French pastry chef who was at the chocolate show.

The woman behind the counter didn't know when they would have more. I guess a recent article in the Globe made them very popular. Think I'll wait to after the new year and hop they have restocked. These are expensive little treats but every once and a while it's worth it. Oh, they also sell gelato.

• Visited December 2011