“The Hibachi was a fun experience”
Review of Ruyi - CLOSED

Ruyi
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Hibachi restaurant with sushi, Chinese and Japanese cuisine
Description: Hibachi restaurant with sushi, Chinese and Japanese cuisine
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Ruyi in Lexington was a fun place to eat hibachi. We used a groupon to try this place. The food was good but everything tasted the same. The chef seemed to use the same sauce for everything that he cooked. The filet mignon was not that tasty but it was bery tender. The shrimp, salmon, chicken, and lobster were pretty good. The service was excellent. I loved the service. I would have given a four star but didnt like it when they automatically added gratuity to our bill when it was just the four of us. I guess they were afraid we wouldnt give enough gratuity since we had a groupon. We are usually generous tipping but thought it was tacky that they added the tip to our bill. Other than that, I would recommend this restaurant...however, please keep in mind that hibachi is typically expensive.

1  Thank WiseTraveler99

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Ruyi (formerly Teppanyaki) is a family favorite. It is a hibachi place complete with all the expected flying spatulas, spinning eggs, and flaming volcanoes. The children love the spectacle of the chef cooking in front of you and gobble up the teriyaki chicken. Also a fun girls' night out with all sorts of mixed drinks with little umbrellas in them. My only complaint is that the soup and salad are lackluster at best, but the grilled shrimp and all the entrees I've tried have all been fanstastic.

2  Thank jennifertravelsworld