“Awful”

Description: Hibachi restaurant with sushi, Chinese and Japanese cuisine
Description: Hibachi restaurant with sushi, Chinese and Japanese cuisine
“Awful”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The food here was terrible. Even though it was nice to see them cooking it in front of you, it was not good at all. The fire alarm must have gone off 3 times because when they cook in front of you, there are lots of flames when they cook.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank LordZach

“Disappointed with the ambience and customer service.”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I went there and thought a Frat Party was taking place at the bar. A group of regulars were drunk, unruly and obnoxious and the staff did NOTHING to address them - even the owner. they claimed they were " regulars"
I left in a hurry because it was disgusting what they were saying and how they were taking over the place.
Too bad because the sushi was great.
The server and sushi chef weren't very pleasant either , especially when I chose to asked if I could take my food " to go"
Very disappointing - you lost my vote.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank RitaJane21
Boston, Massachusetts
“Tippenyaki is always fun for kids”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We do the Tippenyaki and the kids always like the show and food. They have a sushi bar and we order a cucumber roll for fun for the kids too. It's priced reasonable vs. similar. They did a couple groupon offers to boost biz, they were a good deal.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank GreatJoeDad
Barre, Vermont
“Great experience”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Sushi is fabulous, very fresh. Our family also had a smattering of every hibachi option, excluding chicken. The steak was very flavorful and tender, tuna seared to perfection, and scallops were huge and tender. I assume the shrimp were great too because there were none left for me to try.

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Hibachi was a fun experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Ruyi in Lexington was a fun place to eat hibachi. We used a groupon to try this place. The food was good but everything tasted the same. The chef seemed to use the same sauce for everything that he cooked. The filet mignon was not that tasty but it was bery tender. The shrimp, salmon, chicken, and lobster were pretty good. The service was excellent. I loved the service. I would have given a four star but didnt like it when they automatically added gratuity to our bill when it was just the four of us. I guess they were afraid we wouldnt give enough gratuity since we had a groupon. We are usually generous tipping but thought it was tacky that they added the tip to our bill. Other than that, I would recommend this restaurant...however, please keep in mind that hibachi is typically expensive.

• Visited July 2012