“Fear not: The cake was not dry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cake

Cake
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Lexington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fear not: The cake was not dry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was under pressure, as this cake was for a work related retirement party and I needed it to be good. Used a Groupon to save some money on it and ordered the Minuteman (Golden cake with strawberries between layers). It was gorgeous, tasty and many of the guest raved about it and wanted go know where it came from. The bakers came through for me! Would go back.

• Visited June 2014

West Hollywood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My go-to place for cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I first encountered their mini-cupcakes when my patient's family brought in a giant box for our ICU team. They were amazing. Since then I have purchased boxes of small and large cupcakes for very special occasions. The mini-cupcakes are only $1! The big test was when my mother came for her birthday from Illinois. I ordered a birthday cake for her and it was spectacular. Not only did it look unbelievably gorgeous, but the taste was divine.

Visited December 2013
“This cake was incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Very tasty cake. Our guests thought it was fabulous and our son got exactly what we wanted. Thanks guys!

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Phenomenal cupcakes, reasonable prices, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

What a fun place! I was there this afternoon for the second time. The person at the counter was very friendly and patient as me and my friend considered what we wanted to get. They do a lot of custom cakes (weddings, birthdays, Bar Mitzvahs, etc.) but they also have a selection of 10 or so different flavors of cupcakes ($3 each) and 10 or so different flavors of miniature cupcakes ($1 each). I am a huge fan of the red velvet one, and the vanilla with chocolate ganache was out of this world! My friend loved what she got as well. This isn't a sit-down place inside (it's small but very clean and pleasant), but they have some nice looking seating on the patio out front (near Mass. Ave.). If you want some phenomenal cupcakes on the go, come to Cake and you won't be disappointed! I confess to being a huge fan of yellow cake made from box mixes, but as far as store-bought cupcakes go, these are among the best and most interesting I've had. A great place for a yummy, pretty affordable snack!

• Visited January 2013
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I agree. Cupcakes were stale. Very disappointing. Cakes look beautiful but taste like they were baked days before. I am sticking with Wilson's Farm for my cakes.

• Visited November 2012