“Terrible!! Do NOT stay here!!”

This Old House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
This Old House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Lexington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was traveling with my 2 kids and stayed here two nights. When I booked the room with Mary, I was told I would have a queen bed with an extra floor mattress for $95/night and this seemed reasonable. When I arrived, we found a single bed and she gave us two "mattresses" (more like body sized overly used pillows) that my son and I both slept on and it felt like bare floor. The house is FILTHY and, although we were traveling on a budget I would not eat there having seen the kitchen. She has nice dogs, but they stink like - dog - and sleep right outside the kitchen. Mary is extremely opinionated and doesn't hold back criticism of her guests, where they eat, etc. She even went so far to chastise me for not following her "directions" at check in and criticize my children as "spoiled" because I chose to sleep on the floor and let my daughter take the bed. The room was dirty and had carpet stains. The bathroom was newly remodeled and nice, and she did let me use her washer/dryer. I would not recommend this B&B for anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angie K

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Mary is a HOOT...she is a down to earth, hard working wonderful person. She is very accommodating and helpful. I felt at home and relaxed in this wonderful home. If you take the time to get to know the hostess you will learn many things. I thank God he sent me there.

Room Tip: Any room in this house is safe, comfortable and worth every penny.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen_Lopez
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Filthy and weird are two words that capture our stay at this b&b. And watch out for your belongings; the owner is not to be trusted!! This is not like ANY bed and breakfast we ever stayed at ... we felt like we were a nuisance, far from the hospitality and charms of what B&Bs are known for. I wouldn't recommend this place to my enemy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank M S
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I am staying in the area once a week for work reasons.

The house is cluttered. The rooms are decent, but the rest of the house is not. It's outright messy, with every surface cluttered with things.

The first week Mary charged me $10 for breakfast (double the listed rate) -- and then didn't serve it. I had told her that I would be leaving at 6:30am, and she had promised to prepare it, but didn't.

The second week I refused breakfast, so she simply charged me extra $5.

I will be looking for an alternative place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Victor D
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We spent 3 nights at Mary's and enjoyed it. It is not your typical B&B (and as a previous review mentioned) we did feel more like we were staying at a relative's home than a traditional B&B. Mary is a pleasant and hospitable host. She is talkative and she does have 2 elderly dogs but it didn't bother my husband, my 7-yr-old daughter, or myself. We actually enjoyed her and my daughter enjoyed her dogs. Her kitchen and foyer are cluttered but you don't have to go in those areas and overall the home was lovely. We had a nice breakfast each morning and the room and bath were clean (the room locked from the inside). The distance to Boston, Plymouth, and Cape Code combined with the reasonable price is why we chose this place and we weren't disappointed. We would go back.
Best Wishes Mary!
The Foxes from Texas.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank dmariefox
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Our stay was extremely enjoyable. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and attractive. Mary Van, the proprietor, was the epitome of transplanted southern hospitality and a wonderful conversationalist. Her breakfast, catered to our special needs, was just perfect. Recommend it highly.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank David G
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Yes, there is no sign, but Mary emailed us great directions in advance and clarified that Gps would not get us there accurately. We wanted for nothing during our one night stay. The dogs are friendly, but not aggressive about seeking attention. Our room was clean and stocked with the basic amenities like soap and shampoo. Breakfast was fine, and served promptly after our arrival in the dining room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011