“Via Lago restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Via Lago is mainly a catering business but it has restaurant space near the Green. You can obtain a nice lunch ordering from the glass case containing salads, quiche, etc or ask for a quick sandwich. Lunch is fine but Via Lago is a real treasure for dinner. The food is excellent, imaginative, interesting and reasonably priced. My husband and I have begun eating there often during the week for an impromptu night out.

1  Thank Katharine G

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Via Lago is great for: prepared gourmet type items to eat on premises or take away, lunch, and now, dinner. I have not been there for dinner but several people tell me the restaurant transforms itself for the nightime crowd: darker and more atmospheric, white tablecloths, full bar with bar tenders, and so on.
When you go for a pick up item, or for lunch, it is more casual. All of the choices presented to you at Via Lago are delicious.
This foodie place has been in business for a long long time. Their BLTs are the absolute best anywhere: chock full of crispy bacon and good amounts of the LT portion as well. I mean, it is stuffed with bacon!
Their prepared items always look absolutely fabulous, and whenever I buy them, I am never disappointed. There are many choices for both prepared foods and lunch items: multiple salads, tons of sandwiches including warm/pressed ones, tortellini and orzo and several sorts of pasta salads (they have been doing such things long before they became fads), with and without meats, quiche of the day, chicken and fish entrees of several varieties, potato pancakes, I could go on and on.
So if you find yourself at Via Lago for take out, or any of your basic meals, you will be pleased. Prices are completely reasonable as well.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

For breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Via Lago is your best bet in Lexington. It is right near the Green and has delicious and eclectic menus.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a terrific turkey reuben and greek salad. It is a nice place to get a low key lunch. I have not been for dinner, but I hear great things.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Via Lago in the evening is the closest to a little European bistro I have found in the US. Staff is great, food is wonderful and prices are right. We were commenting the other evening how lucky we are to have Via Lago in the "hood".

Been to Via Lago? Share your experiences!