“Great food good prices ”
Review of Via Lago

Via Lago
Ranked #5 of 66 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Great food good prices ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am local and eat here frequently. I have never had anything that is not delicious in the 20 years I have been going. Very close to historic lexington sites. Try the cookies. They are from a Lakota bakery and the best I have ever had

Pepperell, Massachusetts
“I've only been for breakfast, but it's good”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I work right down the street, so the occasional longing for a real breakfast sends me over to Via Lago. They have egg wraps - scrambled eggs with cheese and meat, or my fav, with Swiss cheese, spinach and tomato. You can also get fried or scrambled on english muffin sandwiches, as well as quiche. Very tasty, pretty fast - you order at the counter and they'll bring it to your table. Nice folks work there.

They also have a large selection of lunch items, including great-looking salads, only one of which I've tried - chicken salad with olives, which was very good.

• Visited August 2014
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Great food, variety, prices and reasonable portions”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The menu is always changing at Via Lago. The portions are just right and I always feel I get a decent value, The staff is very friendly.

• Visited August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Unaccomodating”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Via Lago is a very costumer unfriendly restaurant. I was there the other night and wanted to order the scallops which came with a braised leek and chevre tart which I knew would not agree with my stomach, so I asked the waitress (who was very nice) if I could have smashed potatoes instead, which came with some other dishes. She right away said she didn't think so, the chef didn't like to change things but she would ask, she came back with a definitive NO. I think that is very unaccommodating since people have different issues with food and I wasn't asking for anything out of the ordinary, just smashed potatoes.
This is the second time I have had a bad experience there, which is too bad because the food is very good, but I don't think I will go back. Some of my friends have already decided not to go back because of similar issues they have had at this restaurant. I ordered something else and it was very good, but that is not the point. A good restaurant is willing to changeside dishes, etc.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank eva k
New York
“Lexington's best value for food and cost”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This neighborhood gem does not disappoint and lives up to its core values. Comfortable and social for couples, groups or family. Very kid friendly too. Lunch offers a huge choice in a deli style manner, but dinner is the hidden gem. Offerings are creative, portions large, sauces are savory and sides are flexible for changes. Reservations are helpful but not required, so you can hang out in the friendly bar if you need to wait.

• Visited June 2014