“Good food fast”

Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I decided to build a sandwich (roast chicken on french bread), and loved it. The chicken tasted (and looked) very fresh and was thickly cut. Also bought chips, a soda, and a cookie for a decent price. Atmosphere was nice, not overly crowded, though it was towards the end of the lunch time period (around 1:30/2pm). One of the workers inexplicably walled (with chairs) the section we were sitting in -- not an issue, but strange enough to warrant mentioning, as there was no apparent explanation for it. Otherwise, very good food.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Via Lago has been in Lexington for a long time, but not until this summer did I appreciate the delicious vegetarian options they provide for lunch. The bar is an unfortunate addition, in my opinion, but nonetheless, Via Lago remains a pleasant place to dine. The service is prompt, the choices are good. It is a nice place to go with a friend for lunch. I like that they let you choose just half a sandwich if you wish. It is a little pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

My wife and I ate here recently and on a Friday evening the wait for a table was only about 10 minutes. We shared the baby green salad, very good, and each had one of their crispy chicken entrees, both the thighs and breast preparations equally excellent. With a draft beer apiece, the total before taxes and tip was under $58.00. The restaurant obviously is popular with locals, and the four-person table next to us was frequented virtually the entire time with people coming to chat, even squeezing onto the bench on one side of the table and next to my wife. It detracted from the overall experience; otherwise the overall rating could have been excellent.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The food at Via Lago is very good and the prices are very good but the service is consistently poor. Tonight I was with a group in the bar. It took the bartender almost 10 minutes to take our order, and then she got it wrong. When I pointed this out to her and her manager, the response was, "the beers are the same price." No apology for taking 10 minutes to pour the beer, no apology for getting the order wrong. Later in the evening, we were eating dinner and ordered more drinks, and the drinks again took almost 10 minutes. At this point the bar was almost empty, and the bartender, waitress, and manager were sitting at the end of the bar talking and laughing, but no one seemed the least concerned with serving us. Its a shame because there are so few restaurants in Lexington, and the one with the good food is so consistently poor in serving it.

1  Thank JIQPublic
Reviewed 5 June 2017

While sightseeing on our 35th Wedding Anniversary, we parked to take a look around Lexington on the first Sat. evening in June. Wished for some dinner--walking, we saw Via Lago, and glad we did! We chose to take seats at the bar--which looked inviting to us! Louis was hosting our side of the circular bar, he was smiling, handily juggling fancy cocktails and service to dining patrons seated at the bar, we had great service and conversation, he was spot-on with recommendations and descriptions, great personality, a real benefit to the establishment. He said it was a rare, less busy night in town. We ordered 2 glasses of Sauvignon Blanc, the Baby Greens Salad, the Calamari with Spicy Remoulade. Husband ordered 2 Tuna tacos with soft tortillia shells, which Louis recommended, plus he brought out a green-colored delectable sauce to add, it was so delicious(I had a bite or two)! Husband also had the Pan Seared Scallop Salad with Carmelized Onions, Smoked Bacon and Lemon Aoili, he loved it! I ordered the Seared Local Scallops with Bacon Corn Risotto(beautifully browned scallops, the risotto was creamy rich and delicious, and not too bacon laced.) ...Beautifully balanced flavors in our dishes. You will find very reasonable pricing here, excellent value. It feels like a nice combination of trendy and friendly! LOVED visiting this place.

Been to Via Lago? Share your experiences!