“This is very adequate hotel for a quick layover!”

Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“This is very adequate hotel for a quick layover!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If your on a budget and your in the Boston area then this place is not for the money. It has nice pool and lobby area and a well light parking lot. My room was clean and did not smell, the AC worked well. They have direct TV with lots of channels and free Wifi that kind of works here and there. I did not do the breakfast so I can not comment on it. Plenty of oversize vehicle parking in the rear. It seems to me that they may have long term tenants which is never a good thing maybe the management can comment on that. I would stay here again if in the area considering the prices of hotels in the Boston area are on the ridiculous side. There is also a lot of shopping at the next two exits north on I-95 not much near the hotel or within walking distance the only exception is a Mexican restaurant on the property I did not eat there so I can once again not commit on the quality of it. This is very adequate hotel for a quick layover!

Room Tip: First floor worked for me, I did not see any elevators so carrying luggage upstairs is a pain. The...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MCIMCOUSA
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay. There are a few guests who stay during the week for business purposes here.

I thank you again for your visit and recommend you taking advantage of our wonderful breakfast during your next visit.

Vik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed 19 July 2014

After a day meeting up with family in Newport, RI, our party of five headed off to Lexington/Boston. What a pleasant surprise we found at this Quality Inn.We booked online through the Quality site. A beautiful two-room suite with kitchen and fold-out sofa sleeper. We asked for a roll-out bed and extra towels -- they arrived within 10 minutes! We arrived late at night. We had the same great service at night that we found they next morning. The breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) was about the best we've had with a wide variety of fresh, hot food. The room was $166 total during a peak summer Friday night. Quiet, nice pool and very clean. Near sites in Lexington and minutes from Boston. Can't say enough about this stay!

1 Thank Steve F
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed our services from accommodations to breakfast. It feels great to see our valued guests like you to be happy with the services that we have to offer.

Please let us know when you are in the area next so that we get another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

after having read several critical reviews, i was unsure what to expect. having now stayed there for three nights, i have concluded that those negative reviews were posted by very fussy and unreasonable people who can never be satisfied. first, the location is perfect, right near major roadways. second, the value for price paid is very good. the full HOT breakfast is unmatched from experiences i have had in the past in other chain motels. our room was clean, if a bit dated, but kept up well. all employees seemed to work very hard to please the guests. the front desk staff was very helpful. there is free wi-fi and many cable stations. i cant imagine what else someone would want to be satisfied. we would stay there again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: stay near the lobby.
2 Thank PonteVedraTraveler
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We highly appreciate you staying with us and eagerly look forward to you staying with us in near future.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We originally booked the hotel because the price was reasonable for the Boston area and the reviews online seemed overall positive. Unfortunately for our family, we did not have a good experience.

First, however, I’ll start with the good things. The price, as I mentioned was good for the area. The breakfasts were free and extremely well diversified. There was almost every breakfast food you could imagine. Our kids enjoyed the “cook when you want them” waffles every day. Also, the staff did work to try to address our troubles, and we did get a sizable price adjustment for the subpar experience.

Here is what happened: On the first night of our stay we discovered our room had a very stale, almost B.O. smell that did not go away. So we were given a second room. The second room had an incredibly loud and old air conditioner that we knew would be bad news for trying to sleep in. So we were given a third room. The third room smelled much like the first room. By this time it was very late, and we just decided to chance it and go back to the second room. Bad idea. The AC was very loud and vibrated all night long. I had to keep my foot on the AC unit all night to limit the vibrations (the rooms are very small, so my bed was literally right next to the AC).

The next day I told the front desk that we couldn’t stay in that room any more. But the only thing they had available were pet rooms (I am allergic to dogs, so this was not desirable but was the only option). The front desk clerk told me that the room he was giving us was their newest remodeled room and was only recently put back to be rented out. He hoped the pet issue would be minimized since it was so newly remodeled. To our surprise, the room seemed to have newer carpet and furniture, but the walls and door were significantly scratched up, the furniture was actually damaged, and the mattresses were old. (We check beds for bedbugs.) In fact, when pulling the sheets off of the mattresses to check for bedbugs, we found a large wall screw sitting on the mattress. One of the mattresses appeared to have lots of black dots in the seams, and so we were concerned of the possibility of bed bugs in the old mattress. So, back to the front desk to get our fifth and final room for our stay. This, too, was supposed to be a newly remodeled room. The mattresses were newer but there was a cigarette burn hole in one of the bedspreads, one of the comforters had a disgusting yellow stain on it, the tub was rusted around the drain, and there were many dings and scrapes throughout the room. The air conditioner was also very weak at cold output, but we were sick of switching rooms by this time.

I asked the next day for the AC to be fixed. They said ok, but it wasn’t fixed that day. I asked the next day again and happened to discuss this with the manager as well. The AC was replaced our final night with a used unit. At least it was cool.

I had discussed our experience with the manager, and she expressed deep concern and said she would look into this and call me that day with an adjustment. She never did call even after I called back in the afternoon to follow up with her. We were to check out that next morning early, so on our final night I requested the front desk contact the manager at home and figure this out. Thankfully they did, and I did get a significant discount. But in the end, I wonder, was this all worth it?

Please see the photos I took of these things I mentioned plus of all of the dilapidated conditions throughout the complex. Paint was peeling in the outside hallways everywhere, paint was missing from stair rails, the outside hallway concrete floors were a patch work of concrete touchups and missing pieces of concrete, the doors to enter the stairwells didn’t lock any more, the vending machines were tilted well off center, the carpets in the stairwells were always dirty, etc., etc.

The hotel needs to spend a lot of money in remediating the significant number of deferred maintenance items. I do not recommend this hotel, and I think people should be aware of what they will run into if they rent from this place.

1 Thank Jeff B
Dear Guest,

Apologies for your recent experience. I tried to write to you previously as well to request you to call Vik at 7818610850. Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss this further.

Vik

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Do not use this hotel. We asked for non smoking but the room smelled like smoke. Got switched to another room but tue shower did not drain and there was fungus growing on the caulking. Air conditioning sounded like a train. I'm not picky but hotel is probably bone of the worst. Staff was unwilling to asist with thw shower problem and said wait until morning. Also there is nothing much around the area.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank user0011
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. However, I am also surprised by your observations as we have professionally gotten our bathrooms cleaned from an outside company and changed the furniture.
Please call Vik at 7818610850 to discuss the room condition and the location.

Thank you for your time.

BRATTLEBORO, VT
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First the bad: No elevators in this two-story property. Keep that in mind if you have trouble with stairs. Bedford St is really dangerous! You have to dodge speeding traffic getting in and out of this property. If you are unfamiliar with Boston drivers, they don't care about you!

Now the good: The place was sold out during my stay, so it was a good gauge on how the property managed everyone and it was pretty good. The hot water did not run out. The breakfast was really good! It looked like they renovated that area because it felt like the function matched the design. Very spacious eating area, two TVs, many tables, and an adequate area for the food. The spread was nice: three types of eggs, sausage, two types of potatoes, bread, bagels, pastries, fruits, juices, coffee and tea. It was one of the better breakfasts in all of the Choice-branded hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and a wonderful review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the accommodations and breakfast.

We look forward to your stay again in near future.

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We had stayed here a couple years ago and it was a pretty good experience...not so this time! It started when it took a shoulder to the door to get it to open. When we opened the door to our non-smoking room--it smelled like a pack-a-day smokers room. We called and a staffer came and sprayed but that didn't really help. The room really needed updating. It had a really old tv! The curtains were ripped. On the positive side, the carpeting was new and the bed was firm. We will want to confirm some real improvement before we stay here again!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dancisak
Vik K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for your recent experience. Please call Vik at 7818610850 to discuss the exact location of your room.

The TVs in the hotel have been changed to wall mounted LCD tvs now.

We look forward to your future visit.

Vik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Aloft Lexington
The Inn at Hastings Park
The Inn at Hastings Park
#1 of 4 in Lexington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!