“"Peaceful and cozy accommodations"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Morgan's Rest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Lexington B&B and Inns
Long Valley, New Jersey
“"Peaceful and cozy accommodations"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

My recent three night stay at Morgan's Rest fulfilled all my expectations and I will definitely be planning to return here for my future visits. The convenience of the location, the quiet street, delicious homemade breakfasts, peaceful and cozy accommodations and the warmth of the hospitality all combined to merit choosing this oasis as my base for future visits to Boston.

My son and I stayed in the Follen room which had two very comfortable twin beds and it's own bathroom, a separate shower, and TV.

I look forward to our return visits!

My only suggestion is that a larger, lighted sign needs to be outside as I had difficulty seeing both the house numbers and B&B sign wording when arriving in the night.

Room Tip: This room is large enough to also utilize a roll in folding bed if needed w/o crowding the room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I (and 9 month old baby) were on a scouting trip prior to moving our three children to Boston from UK for 3 years. Alix provided a superb base from which to launch our search for more permanent accommodation. We were in the Pool Room, large with comfortable bed and a fabulous pool table. Breakfast was delicious (scrambled eggs, bacon, freshly baked carrot muffins) and sustained us throughout the morning. Alix and her family welcomed us into their house, helped us find our feet and were forthcoming with their detailed knowledge of the local area. Nothing short of a delight!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This was a great place to stay. The best part was the friendly and helpful hostess who took time to explain the local area and chat with us. The room was characterful and comfortable, and the breakfast included home made bread and a great selection of food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I highly recommend Morgan's Rest! Our room was big and sunny with a private bathroom, comfortable bed, and large television. Alix was a wonderful hostess and catered to, and even anticipated, our needs during our stay. Breakfast was always a treat, and we especially enjoyed the fresh cut fruit and homemade bread! We appreciated her local knowledge and information about the community as we are considering a potential move to the area. We enjoyed the hot tea and coffee that were always available. The home itself was charming and has character that you can't get from a hotel. We look forward to staying there again on future trips to the Boston area!

Room Tip: We stayed in the pool/billiards room. It was the largest, but we peaked into the other rooms and- a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Tomkins Cove, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I felt like I was at a friend's home instead of at a B&B. The room was large and the innkeeper was relaxed and accommodating of any need. The breakfast was lovely and hot beverages were available any time. Charming and close to both Boston and Lexington. I would recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: The Pool Room is HUGE!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

This is a wonderful B&B. Very comfortable and delightful host who is very knowledgeable and helpful about the area. Very nice breakfasts with homemade flair all the way. I am a business traveler who is partially relocating to the area. While I was staying in hotels it occurred to me to look up B&Bs and I am very glad I did!

Room Tip: Stayed in the sun room which is perfect for 1 but could fit 2 as well.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Arlington, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

My husband and I stayed last night at Morgan's Rest for a birthday treat. What a good choice it was! Alix and her daughter were so welcoming and the set-up was very comfortable. The house was large and airy, with sky lights and large windows. The rooms are quiet. Breakfast was delicious. We found this place affordable, comfortable, and welcoming. We will be coming back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
The Inn at Hastings Park
Concord's Colonial Inn
Concord's Colonial Inn
#2 of 3 in Concord
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Morgan's Rest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!