“A home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lyttleton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Littleton
Lyttleton Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Littleton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I am well overdue here as we stayed in December 2011 (and over New Year) but trust me if you are ever staying in this area then this is THE place to stay.

Mary and her wonderful Inn are exceptional and you are treated to utter blissful hospitality during your stay. I have never stayed anywhere quite like it, and having stayed at many hotels and b+b’s, I can safely say that this is one of the very best. The food was to die for, I was literally throwing myself out of bed in the mornings so excited to see what culinary delights lay in store for us that day. On one day Mary allowed some family who lived near by to join us for breakfast - so thoughtful.

I loved the personal touches in every room, not just our bedroom (the Mariner), but the tea room and the library. Everything has been chosen so tastefully and thoughtfully, everything put in it’s place with an idea in mind. Everywhere you turned there was something else to look at, another book to read, another picture to gaze at. I think it’s great that there are no tv’s in the room as it makes you appreciate what is around you in the room more, while the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in (I believe the matresses are tempur) - even better than my own at home.

And of course we were so well looked after. Nothing was too much trouble and we really felt so well cared for. I had an upset tummy during my stay and Mary went out of her way to fine me ginger ale and tea to try and help.

If you know what's good for you, and are looking for rest and good food with a friendly atmosphere then this is the place for you. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mariner but I'm sure all the rooms will be fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsAE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spruce Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I've stayed at the Lyttleton Inn many times now in the past 2 years, primarily when I am in the area for business. By far, the best experience I have had with bed and breakfasts! The innkeeper is so friendly and will often times chat with me over breakfast, sharing cooking and baking tips, travel ideas, tourist spots...etc. It's simply a very warm, inviting, beautiful inn. I can tell the innkeeper really enjoys what she does through her passion for cooking wonderful breakfasts, decorating each room tastefully, and always have a smile to share with guests.

Room Tip: The Romantic is my favorite room!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Christie B
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Friends of ours booked a weekend getaway at the Lyttleton Inn and quite frankly, we were skeptical. What a pleasant surprise. Both our room and the room our friends got were really nice. Beds were comfortable, rooms were good size and really felt good. Tasteful, not frilly silliness. Breakfast was amazing. From high quality fresh fruit (blackberries and raspberries in abundance) with yogurt, great pastries, made to order omelets, it was all great.

For activities, we actually planned ahead and went to relatively nearby hikes. A great time. I want to go back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank victorp55
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Please don't let the plain exterior of this B&B fool you. When my husband and I arrived later than expected and exhausted at 11:30pm, we were thrilled to find a lit, warm, welcoming interior. There were biscottis and coffee left out for us and a friendly note telling us where to find our room. The room was clean, charming, and the perfect size for the two of us.

The next morning, we went downstairs to a peaceful, bright breakfast room and a set table. It was beautifully decorated with books and interesting trinkets. A large selection of tea and coffee awaited us. Our friendly host soon appeared and asked what we wanted for breakfast. We munched on homemade peach scones (DELICIOUS) and savoured the eggs benedict over spinach.

The host was friendly and nice. I appreciated that she was very welcoming but not overwhelmingly chatty. I would recommend this B&B to everyone and anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tamar P
São Carlos, SP, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

My name is Henrique and I am a Brazilian entrepreneur. I had to attend a training in a local company for few days. During these days I was very well received by Tom & Mary, the innkeepers. They are warm and kindness. The rooms are very confortable and clear. And another strong point, especially to me, is the huge quantity of marvellous books..I strongly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Henrique C
Grantham, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

I travel to Ma a couple of times a month and always stay at the Lyttleton Inn. Why? because it's a no brainer! Mary & Tom are gracious hosts, they remember our conversations and weeks after I've forgotten that I mentioned (for instance), that I like the smell of fresh flowers inside, there are lavendars or some other aromatic aroma awaiting me as I open the door to my room. You can't put a price on that kind of attention to detail. The Inn is a quiet haven and after a long day of travel and work, it's a welcome respite. Mary caters to my usual 'lighter' breakfast request; the food is delicious and it's always enjoyable to chat with other guests over breakfast - I always learn something new by the time I leave the table. If you are the type of traveller that enjoys being taken care of, or you like that 'coming home' feeling you get when you travel away from home - then this is the place to choose!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank UKBIRD1
Chardon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

Looking back over our travels this past year certain places stand out in our memories. The Lyttleton Inn is one of our favorites. The rooms are wonderfully decorated, the food was great, and the innkeeper, Mary, could not have been more caring and attentive. We are looking forward to returning when we are in the Boston area again. Special thanks to Mary and Tom from Lisa and Jim.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nanny911
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Stonehedge Inn
Stonehedge Inn
#1 of 1 in Tyngsboro

Been to Lyttleton Inn? Share your experiences!