“BEST BRUNCH AROUND”

The Harley House Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We have been here many times for brunch as well as other special occasions. Excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere, friendly owner, fairly priced.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We had not been here for many years. We had a dining.com coupon we received from Christmas and so we headed out Friday night. What a great surprise! The place had a different feel and the inside was charming. They have a new bar area that is very cozy with big screen. But the best part was the delicious food. My husband loved his spinach and raspberry salad and the piece of haddock was so big and delicious we were so inspired to come back again so I could try the entree next time. I had a trio marsala that with risotto that was so tasty I ate the whole thing and my intent was to only eat half my plate and take the rest home! Kelly, our waitress, very was attentive and extremely nice and pleasant.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

very poor service, long long wait(1.5 hrs before entrée arrived once we were seated), food was marginal at best, waitress was not worth any tip-did not seem like she could juggle more than one table at a time, took forever to clear the table (a pet peeve of my wifes), atmosphere seemed cute at first but its cold in there-source of heat was the infrared heaters on the floor, and all that for a tab well over $170 for five people. Drink refills cost.

3  Thank ADKCPL48
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Other than the charm of a small bed and breakfast, nothing very memorable. Food is OK, service is OK but, there are so many other places that are the same or better. :-/

2  Thank OG1010
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I decided to go out to the Harely House Saturday night July 7th. Myself and another dining companion arrived at 6:30pm to a quiet restaurant, but this is the 4th of July week and that was to be expected. Upon arrival we were seated at a nice table in the bar area that looked out of the beautiful 'country' style gardens! The flowers and perennials at this place are beautiful an it was nice to see a garden display that was actually taken care of!

Our hostess greeted us with a pleasant hello and smile and asked us if we would like a cocktail before supper. I opted for a Dirty Grey Goose Martini with Olives and the dirty ice on the side. The drink was made perfectly, nice and cold and just the way it should be made. My dinner companion wanted an Espresso Martini, which they could not make (no espresso Vodka in the house, they should have a bottle of this on-hand because this makes a great before dinner drink and it doesn't go bad) so my dining companion opted for a cold bottle of beer, nothing special there but it was nice and cold.

We started off with yummie - warm, crunchy crusted bread with a herb infused Olive Oil and a Caesar Salad ... The bread was fantastic. You can help yourself to more bread (and we did due to the fact it was so good) and Salad. We opted for the Casesar Salad and it was perfect. I could tell the dressing was homemade and it was delicious!

For an appetizer they had a special for the evening which was Fish Chowder, beging an ex-commerical Fisherman I opted for this fish Chowder and so did my dinner companion. It was made perfectly, just like I make and I am pretty fussy when it comes to 'fresh' seafood and fish. I could have made a meal of the Bread, salad and Chowder alone !I All were perfect.

For the meal I choose the Large Rib-Eye with the (special starch of the evening was Multi-Cheese Risotto, omg was this stuff good, best I have ever had at any restaurant) with burnaise sauce and Risotto and Grilled Veggies. My dining companion had the large Tenderloin with Risotto and Grilled Veggies also. The steaks were delicous (I bet my Rib-Eye was a good 16 ounce size, I could only eat 1/2 of it and brought he rest home) and we both loved the Cheesey Risotto and the Grilled Veggies (could have had a bit more of the veggies they were so good and fresh tasting). The meals were just perfect!

By now we were both really full, but the waitress told us about the desserts of the eveveing and one "specials" dessert which was the Peach Cobbler. You could get it with fresh whipped cream or ice-cream or both! I opted for the Whipped Cream. When it was brought over (a good size portion) it looked yummie, it actually looked like the chef carmalized the top with surgar so it was a bit crusty! The dessert was served topped with the cold Whipped Cream. My mom use to make this dessert and it was very much like hers ! It was actually served with real whipped cream which you don't see many places these days! I could only eat 1/2 of my dessert, my dining companion finished their dessert (Peach Cobbler) and 1/2 of mine. It was too good to let go to waste!

I can't praise the experience, the food, the atmosphere (country casual, somewhat rustic which I love being from Old New England) and the service enough! There are all kinds of seating areas you can choose from, so if you want to eat outside on one of the decks, alongside the pool (beautiful landcaped and inviting), or under the covered Gazebo it all up to you as long as there is space available.

I will definitely be going back again, we both will! If you are in the Lunenburg, MA area and want to try a charming restaurant and something that is not a 'chain' then I would highly recommend this place.