“What a let down!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Westminster, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a let down!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Well I learned about this place from Groupon, so we decided to go for brunch which the coupon actually didn't cover (but I did realize this.) I was taking 3 kids so brunch was a good fit. The place was run down, which struck me before I even entered (falling down fence etc). Inside there was no greeter, and after making it obvious that we needed direction, we were shown to a dingy looking table with the paint worn off the edges and legs. A little sticky too I might add...yum. The breakfast buffet had a selection of fruit that was inedible. It had obviously been out there a while and was wilted and browned (banana), so we didn't eat that. Shame 'cos that's the only healthy choice. Regarding the coffee, I can pee stronger- no really. The server when asked questions about the food had no opinion and the place was nearly empty bar some old ladies and bikers. I don't think the old ladies were the bikers though!! There were no lids on the drinks for the little kids which is annoying when you're trying to eat yourself and have to be constantly helping your child. For 2 adults and 3 kids (one of which did not eat) and so they didn't charge (3 year old), it still cost $51 before tip. Not cheap and not worth it. The food at best was mediocre. We won't be going back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Heather S

Boston, MA
“Great dinner with very good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I purchased a restaurant.com gift certificate a year ago and yet hesitated to come here. Was very happy that we finally took the chance to try this restaurant. The service was very friendly and efficient and the food was all excellent. The homemade bread when you are first seated is very good. I had the petite beef tenderloin with the champagne risotto and my husband had the special of the day, seafood pie. Both dinners were served with salads with homemade dressings. This restaurant has a lot of charm, will definitely be back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shirley, Massachusetts
“Great food close to home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

I guess when something is close to home, you tend to overlook it. We went to the Harley House once when it first opened years ago, and for some reason ( which I do not recall) we didn't go back. Our friends mentioned wanting to go and try it. We were greeted promptly. Outdoor seating surrounding a pool and in a gazebo is available, but it was raining so we sat inside near a window.
Our waitress was cheerful, & knowledgeable. We ordered: chicken parm, salmon, baked stuffed haddock and sirloin tips with a variety of side dishes. Everything was excellant. The side dishes, especiallty the champagne risotto, were very good, the risotto awesome. The waitress checked on us frequently as did the manager. Overall a very good experience and we will go back again.

• Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“BEST BRUNCH AROUND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We have been here many times for brunch as well as other special occasions. Excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere, friendly owner, fairly priced.

• Visited April 2013
Groton,MA
“A lot has changed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We had not been here for many years. We had a dining.com coupon we received from Christmas and so we headed out Friday night. What a great surprise! The place had a different feel and the inside was charming. They have a new bar area that is very cozy with big screen. But the best part was the delicious food. My husband loved his spinach and raspberry salad and the piece of haddock was so big and delicious we were so inspired to come back again so I could try the entree next time. I had a trio marsala that with risotto that was so tasty I ate the whole thing and my intent was to only eat half my plate and take the rest home! Kelly, our waitress, very was attentive and extremely nice and pleasant.

• Visited February 2013