“Crowded but worth rubbing elbows for those great breakfasts!”
Review of Mildred's Corner Cafe - CLOSED

Mildred's Corner Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Crowded but worth rubbing elbows for those great breakfasts!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a breakfast place primarily. The menu is extensive; there's even a separate menu consisting only of teas! Tables are crowded together, but no one seems to mind. Recently, the owner acquired the adjacent space and was able to expand a bit so some of the waiting line can now wait inside rather than lined up down the street BUT it is STILL crowded because the number of customers seems to have increased along with the increase in size. Well worth the standing in line and squeezing in - and maybe even sharing a table with someone you don't know. Food is excellent; ingredients are obviously fresh; the cooks are talented and creative. It might be too intense for younger children, but I'd say 10 years old and up could handle it just fine. No bar or outdoor seating here; strictly breakfast done superbly.

• Visited April 2013

Salem, Massachusetts
“Really Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My family and I had a really great breakfast recently at Mildred's Corner Cafe. We were surprised to learn that they've been there for 12 years! How had we missed this gem all this time?! The food was excellent ... served hot and fresh. One person in our party said the hashbrowns were the best she's had in a long time. I had the BLT, which was loaded with bacon. Coffee was deemed great too. The only downside was the extremely small waiting area (which was only a problem because there were quite a few people coming in for breakfast ... which we actually took as a good sign). The decor was definitely interesting ~~ kind of funky and upbeat, very bright and fun. Lots of tea cups around, some for sale. We had driven by this restaurant many many times but had never been before ... Make no mistake, we will be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NancyG-818
Maine
“Great big breakfast”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Best and biggest breakfast with a large variety to choose from. So much food it makes 2 meals. The decor is very small and cozy. You will wait @ prime time.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome !”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here after the holiday ! Goat cheese and artichoke omelet to die for! My son had the pumpkin pancakes which were yummy! Really cute decor and friendly staff! Can't wait to go back !

Hillsborough, New Hampshire
“Best Omelette Ever!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

A friend took me to Mildred's. Okay, its a bit funky and not what I would have expected in Lynn, MA, but I have to tell you, I had one of the best omelettes I have ever had. And that is saying something.

Bacon, Pear, Gorgonzola omelette was ridiculous!

Cutesy teacup sort of interior decor with old movies playing on the monitors. Service was very good, thought I would imagine if they were slammed, things might be a bit different. Clean as a whistle with an open kitchen concept (as long as you are seated in the main room) which I always find interesting. A definite local find.

Go, eat, enjoy!